Damn, here we go again*

If you have earned one of the following certifications and have not yet been able to order the corresponding welcome kit or certificate from the MCP site, that is because those materials are in development with our fulfillment centers, as you might have heard already.

I’d like to acknowledge Darrell’s apt summary of the situation, as opined in a recent e-mail: “It kinda sucks to have to wait so long.” I’m on board, D. It does suck. As soon as I hear a date when these are leaving the distribution center, I’ll update this poast. In the meantime please don’t spin your wheels looking for:

• MCTS: Microsoft Office Project 2007 and Project Server 2007
  • MCITP: Enterprise Project Management with Microsoft Office Project Server 2007
  • MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Network Infrastructure, and Applications Infrastructure
  • MCTS: Microsoft Forefront Client and Server
  • MCTS: Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006
  • MCTS: Visual Studio® 2005 Tools for Microsoft Office System

If any of you have questions or concerns that your Regional Service Center could not answer about this, please send me an e-mail and I’ll do my best to get an answer for you.

* I’ve been perversely looking forward to some kind of delay or something, in the hopes of using this, the first line of my favorite song, as the title of a post. In related news, a recent Official MCP Community Poll shows a clear preference for Kanye’s new album over that of 50 cent.

Official MCP Community Poll

Poll question: Kanye or 50?

Poll Results*

• Kanye: 2
  • 50: 0

*n = 2 (Trika and Robb Dilallo)

1. Did you see this post at blogs.msdn.com

2. Hey Trika.. some of those MCTS exams listed are still in *beta*, so we can’t even be awarded the cert yet.. much less ask for a welcome kit (e.g. Windows Server 2008!?)

3. trikah@microsoft.com says:

L, people passed the upgrade exams to earn those certs–so there are some people who have earned those now!

4. Rob.au says:

I just got a new year surprise from MSL… two new envelopes… my charter certificates for MCITP Enterprise Support Technician and MCITP Consumer Support Technician.

I’d totally lost track of what kits I had ordered and what I was and was not supposed to be receiving, so I wasn’t actually expecting anything.  The charter certificate for MCTS: Vista Configuration came a couple of months ago and the original MCTS and MCITP welcome kits several months before that.

Just looking at my transcript I did the 621 beta on 11 April and 623 on 4 August.  Of course that’s not counting the aborted 621 beta that I origially took on 6 January 2007.

Well that’s certainly been a long an interesting journey. 🙂

5. Ray Frangie says:

Speaking of Charter Member Certificates, it’ll be nice if on our transcripts it can actually say that we’re a charter member for that specific cert…

It’ll kind of make us feel a little more special 🙂

What do you all think about this?

Cheers,

Ray Frangie

6. riyasath says:

iam having so many doubts in Microsoft side. i have finished my MCSE. how can i clear all those doubts. will you guide me

7. I got an e-mail this morning saying that we’re caught up with welcome kits (re: the delay I mentioned

8. trikah@microsoft.com says:

riyasath, sorry I don’t understand how we can help. Let me know!

9. Hi;

Are there still delay problems? I have seen complete my mcts for sql server (070-431) on 28th Feb. 2008 and I ordered my welcome kits on the 10th of March but have not received them yet. I am supposed to get my mcts welcome kit and also mcsd.

Regards

Shivam

10. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Shivam,

No I do not know of any delays for those kits. Please contact your helpdesk if you think you should have already recevied your kit. Please note it can take up to 8 weeks.

(link on the left side of this blog).