It’s not you…

…it’s the MCP site, being ornery, putting its little dukes up in form of an error message for some people trying to log-in this evening.

Known issue, people working on it, stand by. In case you are trying to get to the site, I wanted to make sure you know that it’s not you.

It’s us.

You’re great, really. It’s really not about you. It’s just, you know, timing, and everything… This is so hard. I’m sorry.

Don’t look at me that way.

1. Niall says:

I think you need to stay off the holiday drinks Trika!

On a completely different matter has there been any update on the recertify exams for MCPDs & MCITPs yet?

2. Helmer says:

Any info about when the Welcome Kits for the 70-649 (and 648) will become available?

3. as says:

You’re giving me the ‘It’s not you, It’s me’ routine? I invented ‘It’s not you, it’s me’. Nobody tells me it’s them not me, If it’s anybody, It’s me!"*

*GC

4. Alice says:

Speaking of "any updates yet", Trika, any idea yet of when you might have that ‘upcoming exams list’ post you promised a while back? 🙂

5. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Niall, send a drink my way, thanks. I think we should have a town hall on the recert stuff, b/c we DONT have it all locked down and would be great to talk to you guys about where we’re headed. I’ll pitch that.

ALICE, YOURE BACK IN TOWN 10 MINUTES AND YOU’RE ALL UP IN MY GRILL!!!!!!! GIVE A LADY A BREAK!!! just kidding, nice to hear from you its been too long. Upcoming list, oh dear. That is languishing in a pile–I put it on a list of to dos and then other things get put in front of it. How about January. damn.

as: what is GC, you’re killing me

6. Art says:

What about some clarification on the charter status for the "new generation" of certifications?  Is it the first "x" number or is it those who certify early.

BTW…GC = George Costanza (i.e. Jerry Seinfeld’s sidekick)

7. Alice says:

Trika – January will be great. 🙂 I was studying the past couple of weeks, but I have been furtively reading every poast nevertheless. 😉

Art – I think Trika said in a comment somewhere that they aren’t even the same from one cert to another this time around – Microsoft picks a different cut-off for each – might be 2000, might be 5000, might be 3 months, might be 6 months, etc. I agree it would be nice to know specifics, but it sounds like it’ll have to be a list of which variations apply to which certs, instead of one simple answer.

(Incidentally, if we are able to get a list of this, it would also be nice if it included what the requirements had been for the previous-gen certs that had offered charter status.)

8. as says:

@Trika:  What Art said.  I was citing my source.  There was an entire Seinfeld episode on "It’s not you, it’s me".