System Center Configuration Manager Beta Exam

If you fancy System Center Configuration Manager, you might like to take the beta for 70-401: TS: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuring. Feel free to share with colleagues. If you don’t know much about betas, read this or this first.

Invitation

You are invited to take beta exam 70-401: TS: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuring. If you pass the beta exam, the exam credit will be added to your transcript and you will not need to take the exam in its released form.

By participating in beta exams, you have the opportunity to provide the Microsoft Certification program with feedback about exam content, which is integral to development of exams in their released version. We depend on the contributions of experienced IT professionals and developers as we continually improve exam content and maintain the value of Microsoft certifications.

71-401: TS: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuring counts as credit towards the following certification(s).

•  Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuration

Availability

• Registration begins: November 21, 2007
  • Beta exam period runs: November 28, 2007– December 18, 2007
  • Receiving this invitation does not guarantee you a seat in the beta; we recommend that you register immediately. Beta exams have limited availability and are operated under a first-come-first-served basis. Once all beta slots are filled, no additional seats will be offered.
  • Testing is held at Prometric testing centers worldwide, although this exam may not be available in all countries (see Regional Restrictions). All testing centers will have the capability to offer this exam in its live version.
  • Regional Restrictions: India, Pakistan, China

Registration Information

• You must register at least 24 hours prior to taking the exam.
  • Please use the following promotional code when registering for the exam: B401

To register in North America, please call:

•  Prometric: (800) 755-EXAM (800-755-3926)

Outside the U.S./Canada, please contact:

•  Prometric: http://www.register.prometric.com/ClientInformation.asp

Test Information and Support

You are invited to take this beta exam at no charge.
You will be given four hours to complete the beta exam. Please plan accordingly.
Find exam preparation information: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-401.mspx

1. hartplaza says:

unfortunatly, it is not showing in the registration pages at prometric.

2. Yanze says:

This morning 71-401 showed up in the registration page at Prometric, but now it’s gone?

3. There is an interesting post over at blogs.msdn.com

4. hartplaza says:

@Roel, just a few minutes ago (Time in The Netherlands at 08:15), I registered through Prometric.

5. Yanze says:

Yup, me too, maybe there was a ghost on the Prometric website yesterday?

Time to study!

6. Peter Read says:

Not showing on prometric site for me at the mo (was this morning but I had to dash for a train, now I’m at work & can’t see it)

Will try later, but just thought I’d mention it so others don’t think they’re alone (or so they can point out I am!)

7. as says:

Nah, it’s not on the site now, but a quick and painless call to Prometric registered me just fine.  As a matter of fact, I believe I’ll do it this way in the future… much better than their online interface.

8. Yanze says:

That’s true as, the Prometric website isn’t really "state of the art" ;-(

9. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Question: In pursuit of a Windows Server 2003 MCSE cert, can I take 70-401 (ConfigMgr) in-place of 70-089 (SMS) as the required “Elective Exam” and still receive the necessary credit toward achieving the MCSE cert?

Answer: Yes, when it goes live, 70-401 will count towards MCSA and MCSE.

10. Sander Zegveld says:

Took the exam yesterday.

I was intending to learn a lot for this exam and also work with the VHD image that was available to download…, however I had other stuff to do in the last weeks…BUT as most of the questions were not that difficult in my opinion [or I maybe missed the tricky parts in the questions?] I think I have passed this one anyway. And of course I added comments to the different questions. It took me just over an hour to make this exam. To give you some idea: most ‘normal’ exams I pass and then I need between 15 and 30 minutes. But this exam had 76 questions which is quite a lot. Also adding the comments costs some time of course.

For those who still need to take this exam: when you know SMS 2003 you should pass this one.

Hope that I haven’t overrated my performance today 🙂

And Trika, thanks for publishing the promocode for this exam, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to take this exam at this moment.

11. Yanze says:

Well, Sander said it all, same counts for me 😉

12. Olivier Goyens says:

For those who do not see the exam in the Prometric site: verify if it’s not listed as "71-401" instead of "70-401". (the title stays the same). For me, this was the case. (country location: Belgium)

Hopefully this is a ‘beta issue’ and won’t affect the score report to Microsoft.

I sent a mail to Prometric to point this out, but they haven’t reacted yet.

13. anan says: