If you're so inclined, you may now certify on OCS. It takes one exam to earn Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Office Communications Server 2007. This is one of the cool things of our "new generation" certifications - we want people to be able to get certified on very specific technologies... then you can add more, or not, depending on what makes sense for you. The one exam in question is Exam 70-638: TS: Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, Configuring. A prep guide is in the works, but in the meantime:
- you can take the exam now, it's out. definitely use Second Shot before you register
- I'm posting the objective domain (topics covered, and percentage of content associated) below so you know what you need to be ready for
- you can check out one e-learning course ("getting started"--I think it is still free??) and download chapters from the rawkers in Microsoft Press, on the OCS learning portal: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/ocs2007/default.mspx
Installing and Managing Office Communications Server (OCS) 2007 (20%)
- Determine the differences between the Standard Edition and the Enterprise Edition.
- Prepare the environment for OCS 2007.
- Request and configure certificates.
- Configure address book service.
- Manage coexistence between Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 and OCS 2007.
- Configure security features.
Deploying and Configuring OCS 2007 Clients (19%)
- Deploy and configure Office Communicator 2007 clients.
- Deploy and configure Communicator Web Access 2007.
- Deploy and configure the Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 client.
- Manage Office Communicator client migration.
Configuring Conferencing (15%)
- Configure the A/V Conferencing Server.
- Configure the Web Conferencing Server.
- Configure the Conferencing Server policy settings.
- Configure external conferencing access.
Configuring Enterprise Voice Functionality (14%)
- Configure outbound routing.
- Configure location profiles.
- Configure phone number normalization.
- Configure the Mediation Server.
- Configure PC-based audio peripherals.
Configuring External Connectivity (18%)
- Configure the Edge Server.
- Configure Public IM Connectivity (PIC).
- Configure federation.
- Configure remote user access.
Monitoring and Maintaining OCS 2007
- Monitor server resource utilization.
- Isolate issues related to OCS 2007.
- Back up and restore OCS 2007.
- Configure event logging.
- Install and configure IM archiving.
- Install and configure Meeting Compliance.
End of post mini-quiz: what do you get if you add 20+19+15+14+18?
B. Not 100, wtf