Don’t freak out, pls k tHX

There has been a name change to one of the MCTS certifications in development for Windows Server 2008. Wanted to let you know so you don’t start seeing another name floating around and freak out.

The change is:  MCTS: Applications Platform, Configuring has been finalized as MCTS: Applications Infrastructure, Configuring, to tie in better with Windows Server terminology. You’ll start seeing this as we post final cert pages and prep guides in coming weeks, and in the December 5 live meeting.

1. pedmil says:

Hello

And what mcts certification will you get when upgrading your MCSE 2003 ?

Thanks

2. Alice says:

Pedmil, if you pass 70-649 (the 2008 upgrade exam for MCSEs), you will earn three MCTS certifications:

– MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration (70-640)

– MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration (70-642)

– MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Application Infrastructure Configuration (70-643)

3. mdalligood says:

WHAT?!? NOOO?!? CRAP. YOU GUYS CAN’T JUST CHANGE THINGS LIKE THIS WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT!!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, MICROS… oh… right. Sorry. 🙂

4. packetboy says:

While on the topic of passing 70-649 where the hell are the beta results?!?!

ok im calm now 🙂

5. helmer@hznet.nl says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHhhhhhh…still now beta results 🙂 hehehehe I don’t think it will be before the 29th….just have to wait till after the weekend i thnk…

6. Ken W says:

Today is the 29th of Oct (in the UK) still no beta results 🙁

7. Ken W says:

Trika, thanks for letting us know about the change of name

MCTS: Applications Infrastructure sounds better than MCTS: Applications Platform

8. Yanze says:

Today I checked my transcript and the MCTS certifications for Windows Server 2008 show up!

BUT

The old name MCTS: Applications Platform is used instead of MCTS: Applications Infrastructure.

9. Helmer says:

Still no MCTS Certification names on my Transcript, BUT I passed the exam (that’s what the transcript DOES say).

10. hartplaza says:

Mine transcript is even updated with the TS Titles, as of this morning. I even received an e-mail from Microsoft Learning, to congratulate me with passing, and telling me that they received the results and that the records are being updated. I received this e-mail thursday evening, friday morning I noticed the update of the TS titles in mine transcript.

11. Yanze says:

hartplaza: Which name appears on your transcript:

MCTS Windows Server 2008 Application Platform: Configuration

or

MCTS Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

12. hartplaza says:

@Roel,

The 3 TS titles on the transcript are:

Application Platform: Configuration

Network Infrastructure: Configuration

Active Directory: Configuration

So, indeed, for Application Platform is the "old" name, it should be "Application Infrastructure" according to this origanal posting from Trika. But hey, showing the titles is one, showing the correct titles is another thing.

13. hartplaza says:

Something else I noticed, I passed 7-649 at Novermber 7th, the 3 TS titles are showing November 15th. I don’t really care about this little detail, but found it a little strange.

14. Yanze says:

Thanks for your answer hartplaza, I guess we will have to wait untill the new good name appears on the transcript (and only then I can finally print it in full colour!)

About your little detail, I did 71-649 on August 3rd and certification shows also November 15th, same as with you.

15. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hartplaza & Roel, thanks for pointing out both issues – we’re working on them both. Thanks!