Windows Server 2008 upgrades

Transition exams 70-648 and 70-649 will be available fro MCSA and MCSE on Windows Server 2003 on October 29, not very far from now. There is training stuff available now and you should sign up for this Live Meeting. It will be fun.

Live Meeting: Transition to Windows Server 2008 Certifications (WW)

MCSA and MCSE 2003: In this meeting: review plans for upcoming Windows Server 2008 certifications; hear about the transition paths specific to MCSA and MCSE 2003; get links to the live exams and study resources; and participate in a Q&A with the certification and exam team. Two sessions to accommodate worldwide calendars. Click to register for:

ยท December 5 at 7:30 A.M. Pacific Time (What time is this in my region?)

ยท December 5 at 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time (What time is this in my region?)

Your 71-648 and 71-649 beta exams

If you don’t have your beta results by the exam live date (October 29), then please check with your exam provider to find out what is up. I don’t have any more info than that for you kids…

1. Peter Read says:

Aww that’s not fair, I want to book up for Exchange 2k7 TS & start studying for the pro exams but not until I know I’ve passed 649….

2. Lukas Beeler says:

Peter, start with the Exchange exams now. They’re not really related to the WS2008 cert series. And i thought that especially the Pro exams were very well done – i didn’t like the PowerShell heavy TS exam, though.

Just logged into my Vue account, status is still at "taken", and no news on my transcript either.

Well, they got 19 more days ๐Ÿ™‚

3. mdalligood says:

As always, thank you for the info oh Queen of Communications.

4. Sean says:

Surely that should be Miyagi of Communications?

5. Ken W says:

Thanks for the heads up, oh by the way do you know when the beta results will be out for the MCAS: Vista exam?

6. CTGOH says:

Hi Trika,

exam provider in our own country? i used to take Vista Beta exam but result was never sent to me. even i contact my country exam provider.. they doesnt know any idea of that.if anyone do got the result already pls let me know, so that i can email directly to vue about this issue.

7. Yanze says:

Just checked my status on Prometric and it still says "Tested" instead of "Passed" (or "Failed" … )

18 days and counting ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Stan Segers says:

Hi Trika,

Like with the response above from Roel, I see "Tested" too for my 70-649. However, I also still see my 70-431, which I toke in Beta almost 3 years ago with "Tested" as well. Do these results get updated to Prometric/Vue?

9. Erwin Blonk says:

Bummer. December 5th is Sinterklaas (St. Nicholas) over here. Sinterklaas is what the Dutch took with them to the US and has transformed to Father Chrismas (aka St.Nick which is short for Nicholas).

So I can´t leave my kids to their presents and go attend this.

And yes, nowadays many Dutch kids get Sinterklaas AND Christmas presents because St.Nick took the trip back to The Netherlands, so they get the same thing twice. It wasn´t like that when I was a kid , however, you only got presents for Sinterklaas ๐Ÿ™

10. @ Erwin : You can take the second shift ๐Ÿ˜‰ It’s only at 2am in the Netherlands ๐Ÿ™‚

But aren’t you still at work at Dec 5th at 16:30 (Dutch time)?

11. Dave [uk] waiting waiting waiting for certification. says:

I just logged into my prometric and it says "fed up of waiting on microsoft so we’re just going to certify you on 649 anyway" .. so I’m  certified! .. yay!

12. Packetboy says:

Doh my prometric online account still says "Tested"… hurry up already!!!

1-Aug-2007

11:45 AM TS:Transitioning MCSE on Wndws Serv 2003 to Wndws Serv 2008 Microsoft

071-649 Tested

13. CTGOH says:

000 are you sure?? haha

14. Erwin Blonk says:

@Helmer

I might very well take the 2am shift.

By 16:30 I might not be working because they send you home a bit early on december 5th.

15. packetboy says:

hmm prometric still just says "tested" anyone got their results yet? Somehow i dont think that page is going to ever update… ๐Ÿ™

16. Alice says:

PearsonVue still says "tested" too for me, so it’s not just Prometric (who often seems to be slower).

It could still be another two weeks, aigh!

17. same thing… at Vue just appear "taken"

also waiting a refound of my 70-238 exam…

sure Microsoft need to improve the support to MCP/MCT’s because we are some kind of "Microsoft seller’s". Another comment: Prometric sux… I’ve taked allready 15 exam’s, 4 of them by Prometric, and NEVER got my MCT discount…with vue, it’s so easy!

18. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Eduardo, send that info to msledp@microsoft.com so someone has to be responsible.

Vincent, I’m not sure what you mean. You should contact the helpdesk for your exam provider (in this case VUE) to get your beta results. If I’m not understanding what you mean, send me an e-mail. OK?

19. There has been a name change to one of the MCTS certifications in development for Windows Server 2008.

20. Eduardo says:

Prometric still just says "tested" anyone got their results yet?

21. FS says:

Vue still says "taken" on my side ๐Ÿ™

22. Khaled says:

Vue Still Says Taken for my side too , anyone got his results ?????

23. Lukas Beeler says:

Still at "taken", for me, too.

24. Heber says:

Today I’ve checked and it still says "Tested" (Prometric)

25. Helmer says:

Still ‘tested’ at Prometric ๐Ÿ™

26. Pedmil says:

no news … @ VUE, still taken

27. Tango says:

Still ‘taken’ at VUE

28. Brian says:

Here’s what VUE wrote when I asked when 71-648 and 71-649 would be scored. (Received 10/29/07).

—————————————————

Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE.

At this time, the beta exam 71-648 has not been scored by Microsoft. Unfortunately, I do not have an estimated time when this will be scored. You would be able to find more information on this beta exam by

contacting Microsoft at 1-800-636-7544 or

If you have any further questions or inquiries, please contact us again.

—————————————————-

Looks like VUE is passing the buck to Microsoft.

29. Khaled says:

Any New About The Results ???

VUE Still Says (Taken) ๐Ÿ™

30. not a believer says:

did you think they were going to be available by october 29th

you must be new here…

31. Khaled says:

Then when the results be available ????

are we going to wait a year ????

thats not a professional work at all

32. So many questions, understandably, about what you should do next, with Windows Server 2008 certifications

33. Daniel says:

Should we really check with the exam provider to find out whats up?

I think it’s pretty obvious that microsoft hasnt scored them yet.

34. Rupert says:

just phoned VUE and they’re saying that I must contact microsoft for the results – for confidentiality reasons they don’t have anything to do with issuing results.

class act

35. Gregory Smith says:

Vue posted my results today (I guess I’ll gt the score report in the mail)

unfortunately, FAIL. Hope some others on the Vue side of things got a pass; with the prep time I had available, I figured about a 50/50 chance of passing (I took it at TechEd)

36. Are you sitting down, Windows Server sports racers? Here is the beta information (and live prep guides)

37. Are you sitting down, Windows Server sports racers? Here is the beta information (and live prep guides

38. hartplaza says:

Hey Gregory, you’re right. I always think the same way as you are. There is always a 50% change. You either fail, or pass.