Beta exam for System Center Operations Manager

Feel free to share this with your System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)-aware colleagues: beta is open until October 26 for Exam 71-400: TS: Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager, Configuring. If you don’t know much about betas, read this or this first.

By participating in beta exams, you have the opportunity to provide the Microsoft Certification program with feedback about exam content, which is integral to development of exams in their released version. We depend on the contributions of experienced IT professionals and developers as we continually improve exam content and maintain the value of Microsoft certifications.

Please remember that participation in the beta process is completely voluntary and Microsoft makes no promises or guarantees regarding the beta exam process. You can expect to receive your score on the beta exam within 12 weeks of taking the exam, although in some instances, beta exams may take longer to score and your results may be delayed.

71-400: TS: Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager, Configuring counts as credit towards MCTS: System Center Operations Manager, Configuration.

Availability

• Registration begins: October 4, 2007
  • Beta exam period runs: October 4, 2007– October 26, 2007
  • Receiving this invitation does not guarantee you a seat in the beta; we recommend that you register immediately. Beta exams have limited availability and are operated under a first-come-first-served basis. Once all beta slots are filled, no additional seats will be offered.
  • Testing is held at Prometric testing centers worldwide, although this exam may not be available in all countries (see Regional Restrictions). All testing centers will have the capability to offer this exam in its live version.
  • Regional Restrictions: India, China, and Pakistan

Registration Information

• You must register at least 24 hours prior to taking the exam.
  • Please use the following promotional code when registering for the exam: TSCCM
  • To register in North America, please call Prometric: (800) 755-EXAM (800-755-3926)
  • Outside the U.S./Canada, please contact: Prometric

Test Information and Support

• You are invited to take this beta exam at no charge.
  • You will be given four hours to complete the beta exam. Please plan accordingly.
  • Find exam preparation information: Prep guide not available yet

Exam topics:

Configuring System Center Operations Manager 2007

• Configure notification
  • Manage roles
  • Configure System Center Operations Manager options
  • Discover and deploy agents within a trusted Active Directory (AD) forest
  • Discover and deploy agents to non-AD systems

Deploy and configure Management Packs

• Import a Management Pack
  • Configure overrides
  • Configure a self-tuning threshold
  • Migrate a Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Management Pack to System Center Operations Manager 2007
  • Configure diagnostics and recoveries for a rule or monitor

Build and deploy custom Management Packs

• Configure security options
  • Configure discovery for Management Packs
  • Create monitors and rules
  • Create a distributed application
  • Create a synthetic transaction

Maintaining System Center Operations Manager

• Maintain System Center Operations Manager infrastructure
  • Create views
  • Create tasks
  • Fail over from Root Management Server (RMS)
  • Back up and restore System Center Operations Manager
  • Managing and maintaining reports

Configuring client monitoring

• Configure Audit Collection Service (ACS)
  • Configure Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM)
  • Configure Collective Client Monitoring (CCM)
  • Configure Business Critical Client Monitoring (BCCM)

1. ¿Te interesa presentar el examen 71-400: TS: Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager, Configuring

2. ¿Te interesa presentar el examen 71-400: TS: Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager, Configuring

3. Wayne Anderson says:

Wow this is quite the day for beta exam announcements.  I will definitely be getting in on this, although I will have to knock some of the rust off of my MOM skills and definitely sharpen up on a SCOM infrastructure in my Lab environment.

4. Today Microsoft announced the availability of the beta exam for 71-400 TS: Microsoft System Center…

5. Peter Read says:

hmm sounds like an excuse to knock up an SCOM box… 🙂

6. Peter Read says:

hmm sounds like an excuse to knock up an SCOM box… 🙂

7. Exam 71-400: TS: Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager, Configuring Registration begins: October 4, 2007 Beta exam period runs: October 4, 2007– October 26, 2007 Please use the following promotional code when registering for the exam: TSCCM Th

8. Exam 71-400: TS: Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager, Configuring Registration begins: October 4, 2007 Beta exam period runs: October 4, 2007– October 26, 2007 Please use the following promotional code when registering for the exam: TSCCM Th

9. Feel free to share this with your System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)-aware colleagues: beta is open

10. Trika Harms zum Spreckel a annoncé sur son blog la disponibilité d’un examen beta pour être certifié

11. ¿Te interesa presentar el examen 71-400: TS: Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager

12. Появилась возможность зарегистрироваться на бету экзамена по MS System Center Operations Manager 2007….

13. Alexander Trofimov says:

I’ve just passed it. Now wondering about results =)

14. Peter Read says:

You just passed it?  How’d you manage that? 😉

15. Alexander Trofimov says:

Errr… I should correct myself: I took this exam… =)

As it was just beta the results will be available in two months after I did it. =)

16. carsten abe says:

got news for us beta-testtakers?

almost 3 months are gone 🙁

don’t really think that i’ve passed the exam 🙁

17. Peter Read says:

Hey chill out, only been ~2 months since end of beta, and yule was in the midst of that so I’d give it a bit longer before worrying.

18. Alexander Trofimov says:

To Peter Read: It’d be perfect if I know how long it takes me to receive the results 😉

19. Peter Read says:

Well hopefully not too long – just logged on to prometric to check what time I’ve got an exam later, and I see I passed it 🙂

Sometimes they can take a few days to trickle out to everyone though so I wouldn’t panic if yours still says ‘taken’.

20. Roel Janssens says:

Same here, passed 71-400 🙂

When I look at my Transcipt under certifications it appears twice with the same name???

21. Peter Read says:

Roel – good spot, same here….

22. Ben says:

Passed 71-400, I too get it showing twice in my transcipt.

Also if you go to logo builder & generate a logo it has microsoft twice so you get:

MSTS: Microsoft @R Microsoft @R System Center Operations Manager, configuration

which is a bit long winded. Also the Vista exam doesn’t have the @R after microsoft either.

Ben.

23. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Roel, Ben: that is on purpose, we like Microsoft so much we want to say it twice. Do you have a problem with that?

In related news, I’ve been told this was fixed. Would you let me know if you find that is NOT the case? Thank you!

Your friend,

Trika Trika

24. Yanze says:

Trika, I’ve mailed mcphelp and after a few days the double certification disappeared from my transcript, thanks!

that was twice 😉

25. ¿Te interesa presentar el examen 71-400: TS: Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager, Configuring