Feel free to share this with your System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)-aware colleagues: beta is open until October 26 for Exam 71-400: TS: Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager, Configuring. If you don't know much about betas, read this or this first.
By participating in beta exams, you have the opportunity to provide the Microsoft Certification program with feedback about exam content, which is integral to development of exams in their released version. We depend on the contributions of experienced IT professionals and developers as we continually improve exam content and maintain the value of Microsoft certifications.
Please remember that participation in the beta process is completely voluntary and Microsoft makes no promises or guarantees regarding the beta exam process. You can expect to receive your score on the beta exam within 12 weeks of taking the exam, although in some instances, beta exams may take longer to score and your results may be delayed.
71-400: TS: Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager, Configuring counts as credit towards MCTS: System Center Operations Manager, Configuration.
- Registration begins: October 4, 2007
- Beta exam period runs: October 4, 2007– October 26, 2007
- Receiving this invitation does not guarantee you a seat in the beta; we recommend that you register immediately. Beta exams have limited availability and are operated under a first-come-first-served basis. Once all beta slots are filled, no additional seats will be offered.
- Testing is held at Prometric testing centers worldwide, although this exam may not be available in all countries (see Regional Restrictions). All testing centers will have the capability to offer this exam in its live version.
- Regional Restrictions: India, China, and Pakistan
- You must register at least 24 hours prior to taking the exam.
- Please use the following promotional code when registering for the exam: TSCCM
- Receiving this invitation does not guarantee you a seat in the beta; we recommend that you register immediately.
- To register in North America, please call Prometric: (800) 755-EXAM (800-755-3926)
- Outside the U.S./Canada, please contact: Prometric
Test Information and Support
- You are invited to take this beta exam at no charge.
- You will be given four hours to complete the beta exam. Please plan accordingly.
- Find exam preparation information: Prep guide not available yet
Configuring System Center Operations Manager 2007
- Configure notification
- Manage roles
- Configure System Center Operations Manager options
- Discover and deploy agents within a trusted Active Directory (AD) forest
- Discover and deploy agents to non-AD systems
Deploy and configure Management Packs
- Import a Management Pack
- Configure overrides
- Configure a self-tuning threshold
- Migrate a Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Management Pack to System Center Operations Manager 2007
- Configure diagnostics and recoveries for a rule or monitor
Build and deploy custom Management Packs
- Configure security options
- Configure discovery for Management Packs
- Create monitors and rules
- Create a distributed application
- Create a synthetic transaction
Maintaining System Center Operations Manager
- Maintain System Center Operations Manager infrastructure
- Create views
- Create tasks
- Fail over from Root Management Server (RMS)
- Back up and restore System Center Operations Manager
- Managing and maintaining reports
Configuring client monitoring
- Configure Audit Collection Service (ACS)
- Configure Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM)
- Configure Collective Client Monitoring (CCM)
- Configure Business Critical Client Monitoring (BCCM)