Hello. Apparently, even with YT out of the office, people were still able to accomplish things at MIcrosoft. Though this damages my sense of self-worth and hurts my feelings a little, I won’t stop you from hearing the new bits, as follows:
- Lifecycle policies for new generation (that I poasted about earlier) are now official on the microsoft.com/learning site. On my earlier post you made some good points and questions, look for more info soon.
- Number of certified professionals… updated as of August 20 with all the new certifications included. In related news, I enjoy the smart ass posters who frequent our newsgroups. i.e. “I was about to swear off Microsoft certifications forever but then they updated the Number of MCPs page…When I looked at it, I realized how special I am. My Microsoft certifications really validate my existence.” (Full post here, but FYI these particular smart asses have demonstrated poor social graces–at least in the newsgroups–so brace yourself.)
- Speaking of new certifications, here are pointers to some new or updated introductory pages. In no particular order:
- MCTS: Vista Configuration
- MCITP: Enterprise Support (similar to MCDST, but for Vista)
- MCTS: Exchange 2007 Configuration
- MCTS: Sharepoint Server Configuration
- MCTS: Sharepoint Services Configuration
- MCTS: Sharepoint Services Application Development
- MCTS: Windows Server 2003 Hosted Environments
- We need to make these easier to use/read. If you have suggestions, let me know.
It is clear that I am not needed here; I plan to return to New Zealand immediately.