In my role as MCP Aggravation Manager, I’m doing my best to think of new things to poast that will annoy certified professionals across the land and inspire a flood of angry commentary (and occasional intimation that I do not stand up to my pet cat*). Here’s my next stab.
Delay in Welcome Kit Shipments: If you recently placed an order via the MCP site for any of the following MCTS or MCITP Welcome Kits, please know that fulfillment of your kit may have been delayed. We are working to resolve this issue and get your kits shipped as soon as possible. There is no action required; we will resume shipments as soon as we are able. Thank you for your patience.
- MCTS: Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 Application Development
- MCTS: Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0: Configuration
- MCTS: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Application Development
- MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Application Development
- MCTS : Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005 Business Intelligence Development
- MCTS: Microsoft Windows Vista: Configuration
- MCTS: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration
- MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration
- MCTS: Business Desktop Deployment with the BDD
- MCTS: Microsoft Team Foundation Server: Configuration and Development
- MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
- MCITP: Consumer Support Technician
- MCTS: Microsoft Office 2007: Client Application Development
- MCTS: Microsoft Exchange 2007: Configuration
- MCTS: Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007: Configuration
- MCTS: Microsoft Project Server 2007: Configuration
- MCTS: Microsoft Operations Manager 2007: Configuration
- MCITP: Microsoft Exchange 2007 Messaging Solutions Administrator
- MCTS: Windows Server 2003 Hosting,Configuration and Management
OK, but for reals. You’ll notice that some of these are BRAND new, or aren’t even fully available yet – so for many of these there will be limited impact; hopefully the shipments will get caught up before the kits are even ordered. However, I know that at least a few of you HAVE been affected by this – and I’m really sorry if you experienced any inconvenience by this slow down. Our brand new program manager is getting all the details locked down on when/how these will be shipped to you – when I hear an expected ship date I’ll certainly let you know.
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 16, 2007<from MCP newsletter> Update: Delay in Welcome Kit Shipment (Worldwide)
Per our announcement in the July MCP newsletter, welcome kits for several new certifications have been updated with a new look and their shipments have been delayed. If you placed an order, please rest assured that it will be processed and the kits will be shipped; no further action from you is required. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
*Richard, is the cat’s name.