...like me, who spend all day in Office rather than running hypervisor on bare metal. I told a colleague in our business worker certification team that I'd let people know that we have opportunities for Office 2007 users to get certified for free, and help the exam development process, by taking the beta exams* for two of our new Microsoft Business Certifications.
- Exam 77-602 MCAS: Using Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Exam 77-603 MCAS: Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
YT took the Word beta (passed!) and the PowerPoint beta (I don't have my results yet) and it was fun.
How to participate: Beta seats are limited on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no cost to take a beta. Sometimes they are not available in every country. To find a test center and register by e-mail or phone<updates 7/11/2007 in italics>, see the list of participating centers in UK, USA, Canada, Singapore, and Hong Kong, below. No special code is needed to register for the beta exam. If you could go ahead and send your questions to Bizcert@microsoft.com (and not to me), that would be greaaaaaat. How to prepare: See the prep guides linked below:
An update from Barbara:
Thanks to all of you who took the time to contact me regarding the testing center mess for the Excel and PowerPoint betas. I have more information, and a special offer for you below.
- Test centers for these are in Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, UK, and Canada at the moment.
- To register for these betas, call the nearest testing center (see the scrubbed list in the table below). Apologies that there are so few--we're working on it. No code needed, just call and make an appointment prior to the last day of this month.
- Please note that we are, in fact, running live exams, and betas for the same exams. We are running a beta for a second batch of items.
- For your trouble, we’ve created the below offer for anyone who would like to take one of our live exams. This is good for the first 200 exam vouchers purchased. 50% discount on ANY of the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist. 50% Coupon Code: CASP050200 - Expires: September 30, 2007. To purchase, click here.
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist: Using Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist: Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist: Using Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist: Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist: Using Microsoft Office Access 2007
- For training/readiness on 2007 Office, check out these offers.
TEST CENTER LOCATIONS
TEST CENTER LOCATIONS
Living Productions Inc. (CCI)
AlphaLogic Career College (CCI)
Itplanit Services Corp
The Learning Centre - Renfrew
Lambton College (CCI)
Welkin Systems Limited
(852) 3605 3325
NTUC Computer Training Center ATC
+65 6372 3978 / +65 6372 3997
01642-256110, 0845 370 7577
020 7831 4546
Tresham Institute (IT Academy)
North Arkansas College
Complete Computing, Inc.
New Horizons - Trumble
Latham & Watkins LLP
Westlake High School-WIT Academy
Dunbar High School (Lee Schools)
239.461.5322 ext. 0432
IT Institute @ Niceville High School
850-833-4114 ext. 4010
Idaho State University, College of Education
SMaRT Technology Services, Inc.
Vincennes University Jasper
Indiana University Southeast
Pinnacle Career Institute
New Horizons - Kansas City
Bath Regional Vocational Center
207 443 8257
Greater New Bedford Regional Voc-Tech High School
508 998 3321 x163
Southeastern Regional School District
University of Michigan
New Horizons - Grand Rapids
Global Information Technology
248-557-2480 ext. 101
New Horizons - Livonia
St. Clair County Community College
New Horizons - Troy
(248) 824-1000 ext. 1505
Southeast Missouri State University
573 651 2096
Western Nebraska Community College
Clark County School District (VoTech High School)
585-394-3500 ext 7617
DDC Training Services
JOPA Technical Services Inc.
Cherry Creek Woodcraft
TechSkills - Charlotte
Washington County Career Center
Community Action Council of Portage County
Springfield Clark County JVS
937-325-7368, ext. 265
LTS Computer Training
Nueva Esperanza Academy
215 457 3667 ext 2214
Radio Adventures Corp., dba The Learning Center
814-677-2447, ext 540
Shanksvile-Stonycreek School District
Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman
MicroAge College Station
(512)260-5500 ext. 2570
St. Philip's College
Utah Valley Psychometric Services
Slate Canyon School
Page County Technical Center
Southwest Virginia Community College
425-739-8100 Ext. 531
North Thurston High School
Skillsource - Moses Lake
Seattle Pacific University
Steve's EZ Training
Muskego High School
262-679-2300 Ext. 4297
*A beta exam is an exam in the final quality assurance phase that is offered to qualified candidates. The results of the beta exam are used to determine which exam items will appear on the released version of the exam. If you pass the exam in the beta form, you will receive the certification! You will receive a free gift for participating in the beta.