I keep meaning to poast a few last TechEd things, and I can't believe a month has now gone by. I know many of you are waiting on responses to your posts and questions. Please know you're not alone; my mom and my boss are equally annoyed. For the moment, I'll ignore all of you and proceed, without further ado, to let you know that Things to Report Include:
- The Hands-on Labs (HOL-la at a playa...) at TechEd were great, again. It is fun to check out all the MSFT software, since I don't use the same stuff you IT types do in real life. And the double monitors and on-screen lab manuals were cool this year. Proctors were great as usual. I'm not sure they are as mass good as the HOLs but there are virtual labs you can take even if you didn't attend.
- TechEd "Fishbowl" Screw-up: In an already awkward interview where we sound like gameshow hosts, I erupt in bark-like laughter for no apparent reason. But there WAS. There WAS a REALLY GOOD REASON. While we were talking there was a loud audio feedback explosion above us and I thought that was funny, and I figured they would have to edit that out. But then no one else was laughing, and the guy behind the camera was mouthing 'WE ARE LIVE, YOU MORON" (the YOU MORON was implied), so I kept talking, and it was awkward.
- Sweet Tats! on certified professionals: Excellent photos of you displaying your Microsoft Certified tattoos. Awkward! But adorable.
- Top exams taken: 292, 290, 270
- Total exams taken 1,179
- Number of Windows Server 2003 exams in top 10: 3
- Number of Exchange Server exams in top 10: 3
- Number of visitors to the MCT-led CRAM SESSIONS: 500
- Number of visitors to the STUDY HALL: 1372
- Number of exams needed to win an XBOX 360 for “Most Exams Passed At TechEd”: 9
And once again, I had a great time talking to so many of you of you in Orlando. Thank you for saying hello, asking us good questions <getting shouty about MCSE>, and taking the time to study and take exams. Hope to see you at another event soon, or if you're on campus, blow up my pager. I actually don't have a pager. But you could, um, ask the receptionist in 18 to call me.