Exchange 70-238 and Upside-down Haircuts

70-238: Deploying Messaging Solutions with Ex2007 goes live on July 12. A while back I said June 28, but it sounds like it moved to July 12 in the meantime. With 70-238 you can complete your MCITP: Messaging credential (watch this Live Meeting recording for more info on the Exchange 2007 cert tracks).

OT: I recommend my friend Tyler’s video of little-to-no consequence but great charm.

1. Ahh, a delay.  No wonder.

Ive been going nuts waiting for this thing.

2. Marcel Stam says:

Do you know when the results of 71-238 will be available? Thanks.

3. Clyde Snooterson says:

Curse the 70-238! A pox on it!

Long live upside-down haircuts!

4. says:

71-238 beta period was extended for a few weeks; that is why the live date moved back to July 12 and (most likely) why you haven’t gotten your beta results yet even though it is passed the 6-8 week window for most of you. I’ve asked for confirmation but most likely you should receive your results at or around the exam live date…

5. acchong says:

Just to share with you that I can see 71-238 appear in my Prometric Candidate Histroy page as pass and it also listed in my MCP transcript as completed exam now.

I haven’t receive the score yet.

6. douille says:

It’s done, i’ve passed it…

7. Andy Schan says:

Well, I still haven’t  anything back on whether I’d passed 71-238 yet, so I  logged on to the Prometric site and discovered it shows the status of that exam as a "no show". I called the Prometric support line, and they have no evidence of my exam results in their system. Very frustrating!

8. says:

Andy, do you have anything to provce you were there taking the exam? Can you send me an e-mail please so I can follow up with yuo?

9. Andy Schan says:

I was searching the Internet for something else, and discovered your reply to my posting. Unfortunately, all I had with regards to this was phone conversations with Prometric at the time. What happened was, I completed the entire beta exam, but when I clicked "end" to submit the results to Prometric, the application on the exam workstation I was on crashed. I talked to the testing center, and had them call Prometric to verify that my answers had actually been submitted, but they couldn’t give me an answer one way or the other- just gave me a trouble ticket #. They did offer for me to rewrite it the next week, but I was out of town on business. When I called Prometric back after I’d heard from others that they’d received their results and the web site claimed I was a "no show", that’s when they told me there was no evidence of my having taken the exam.

I don’t write as many certification exams as I used to, but these sort of challenges with the testing centers seems to be more common now than it was during my 1st exams back in 1996.

10. says:

Hi, Andy. thanks for passing this story on. can you please send this (you can just cut and paste if you want) to I want to make sure that our teams are hearning these stories so we can work on making sure it doesn’t happen again.

If you have your MCP ID and exam # and date, include that stuff too in case there is something they can do for you on this.

11. Kristian Waldroff says:

Just wish to say your article is as astounding. The clarity for your submit is simply nice and that i could suppose you're a professional on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to snatch your RSS feed to keep updated with imminent post. Thank you a million and please carry on the gratifying work.