Protecting the integrity of MS certification

You all know better than I do that cheaters, braindumps, and accidental-cheaters can do damage to the reputation of your hard-earned passing score or certification. Given the number of questions about related topics:

• how can i tell if a test-prep site is legitimate?

• why are betas not offered in <fill in the blank> country?

• does Microsoft ever actually do anything about cheaters?

• what can I tell my friend about the exam i took? does it really matter?

• what exactly am I agreeing to when i ok the exam non-disclosure agreement (NDA)?

• what’s up with TestKing?

…and the helpful nudging i got from a few members of our esteemed community, we will be having a Live Meeting to talk about what’s happening now on this topic (there is a lot happening…), let you know how you can get involved, and hear your concerns and suggestions.

The presenters will be

• Rob Linsky from the certification team,

• Shon Hong who works on anti-piracy for Microsoft Learning,

• Robert Williams of CertGuard,

• Mitch Garvis of lots-of-different-things,

• and Michael Alligood, who originally brought up the many questions about our NDA that got this whole ball rolling.

I think it will be a good discussion. Let me know if you have any related questions in advance.

Protecting the integrity of Microsoft Certification (worldwide)

While we’re on the topic, CertGuard now has an RSS set up. Check it out.

1. S.Y. Paul Lai says:

Wrong links, they are linking to the Longhorn meeting instead of the integrity meeting.

2. says:

Sorry about that.

3. S.Y. Paul Lai says:

OK now, thankyou.

4. I would like to request a question be added, please:

Can you explain some of the challenges that Microsoft faces in pursuing commercial sites which profit from publishing exam material?

Also, I would like to know:

What metrics does Microsoft look at to measure the reputation of a given Microsoft credential in the field?

5. Iain Wade says:

Will a transcript of the meetings be made available for those who cant attend?

6. So I got the OK to share some news about Microsoft’s settlement with Testking. From our perspective,

7. In case you weren’t aware, one of the biggest threats to the validity of our certifications is the proliferation

8. Reminder that tomorrow (May 23) we are hosting our Live Meetings on protecting the integrity of certification,

9. Excellent presentation this morning!  I look forward to participating in the afternoon session!

10. Slim says:

well i would say most of the testing centers in IN** is corrupted already. according the information i got there are some testing centers that they record whole exam with video cam and made question data base. when we are doing our exams and training we took more than average 1 month to workout for exam, some of guys went to in** and did all exams in 5 days n came back smiling at us.

well of coz i believe they are dumb when they are going to work in practical environment but still they are also MCSE.

11. Peter says:

After I migrated 12 of our largest customer to xch2k7 including total 12000 mailbox and 70 servers and taking all exchange 2007 exams within 7 days and passing all 3 with 1000 score makes me a cheater ?

12. IN** says:

Dumps are not required to clear the MCSE exams. Microsoft is just testing  our common sense, How much we are technical.

So, Join together and share your technical experience.

13. Jones Smith says:

Someone tell CertGuard that most of their pages are out of date or "not found", like RSS link posted above. Many PDFs are absent. This made me think that all team of CertGuard has gone out with lamps to search for cheaters.

First of all hire some professionals to maintain your website, then go out for crusade.