Don’t be alarmed; what you’re experiencing is perfectly normal (or, news about Vista exam 71-620)

If you are waiting for your exam results from 71-620, you’re not the only one… unfortunately. Usually beta testers will get their results in advance of the exam going live, but in this case something funky happened and beta results are delayed. I’ll poast on this when there is further news! Apologies for anyone who is waiting on their scores. Here’s the official word:

“Thank you for participating in the beta exam 71-620. Typically we do have your scores available prior to the launch of the live exam, however our exam development team is currently researching on items that have detained the availability of your scores. We are working to provide you either an ETA of your scores or when they will be available. Thank you for your patience.”

1. Vincent says:

When will you know the ETA of the release date of our final scores for our 71-620 exams ??

2. Andy says:

When MS feels it’s time we know.

3. Quincy says:

Great!  I can see my 620 exam is passed from Prometric website & MCP member site.  However, passing 620 should get  "Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Windows Vista, Configuration", right?  I can only see my old MCSE & MCP+I (Yes… MCP+Internet.. 😀 ) in the transcript…

um….

4. Andy says:

The results are trickling in–check your transcript or with your testing vendor.

5. gomcse2002 says:

How come only the folks took the exam with Prometric got their results first ???? (Of course, I am with VUE)

6. trikah@microsoft.com says:

I just heard that a fix is in the works (why some of you are getting scores) and the hope is that ALL scores will be available/distributed by Monday January 15.

7. Helmer says:

I recieved my exam result last Saturday (jan 13) and i passed 😉

8. gomcse2002 says:

Hi Trika

My friends (in USA, UK) plus myself still haven’t reive results from VUE nor Microsoft yet.

Can you let us know what is going on right now ? Do you know hoe much stress we have to gone through ??

9. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Gomcse2002, OK, so here is what I heard this morning. Pearson VUE is completing their scoring by Thursday January 18, so results should be sent out by Monday or Tuesday (January 22 or 23). Still waiting for an update from Prometric (I know some of you have already gotten scores–i’m not sure what is different between candidates!).

Helmer, congratulations!

Quincy, if it is still not showing up correctly on your transcript, it might have something to do with the delayed scoring, OR we might have a system issue. If it is still wrong mid-next week, please send me an e-mail and I’ll escalate. Thanks!

10. gomcse2002 says:

Hi Trika

Thanks for your prompt reply regarding the very late exam results from VUE. When you mentioned that the results should be sent out by Monday or Tuesday (January 22 or 23), do you mean the results sent from Microsoft via email or exam results finally should appear on VUE web site on Jan 22 or 23 ?

Please kindly clarify !!!

11. Helmer says:

Hi Trika,

Can you tell us how many persons passes (or how many people DID) the 71-620 BETA exam?

Regards,

Helmer

12. jkoziol10 says:

I was one of the individuals that had not yet received results from VUE.  I emailed Microsoft and spoke with a VUE representative earlier in the week.  Although the results do not yet appear on my transcript, the results finally were updated on the VUE website this morning (I passed, so I’ll have a little extra to celebrate this weekend)

Thanks

Jim

13. jkoziol10 says:

..and the results appeared on my MS Transcript this morning, with the new MCTS designation.  Also got an email inviting me to request a welcome kit, so now I get to study for 71-623 :)

14. v-chrine says:

When can we re-register for the cancelled 71-623? And why was it cancelled in the first place? Thanks.

15. Phil says:

I thought there would be a new member kit and ID card for those that pass the 70-620 exam.  I emailed MCP support the other day and received this response:

"We would like to inform you that this certification will only appear in your transcript and there is no such member kit available with us."

Then, in the next paragraph, it says this:

"If you need to provide proof of your certification while your Member Kit is in transit, you may wish to access your Microsoft transcript."

So do we get a new ID card and member kit or not?  I also tried calling the MCP support line, but the person who answered was clueless and was going to send me a reprint of one of my MCP certs instead.

16. Andy says:

You should be able to order your kit for the MCTS after passing the 70-620 exam. I ordered mine yesterday.

17. v-chrine says:

I ordered and RECEIVED my kit already. It includes the usual cert, pin, and card.

18. Aftab yo says:

I wanna ask something. I’ve given two MCP exams towards MCAD. Now do i get two separate MCP ids or just one id will be good for me. I am little confused about it.

Thanks!

19. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hi, Aftab yo. You should only have one MCP ID. Sometimes, by accident, a new one will be issued when you register for a new exam (because the test center does not or can not find your existing MCP ID). If this happened to you, please contact your helpdesk (see link on left side of this page) and they will have to merge your two records together. Your first MCP ID is the one and only that you should have forever.

20. Recently I checked my MCP Member Site -> Transcript, and I noticed that my MCSA 2003 and MCSE 2003 certifications are gone. By the way, the exams related to that certifications are actually listed in the list of exams taken in the transcript.

Do you know something about that kind of issue?

21. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Marcelo, if this is still the case, would you please send me an e-mail with your MCP ID and what you said, above? Thank you.