If you can’t get to the MCP site because you lost your access code or it expired…

We just published a “request access code” button for first-time visitors to the MCP site who have lost their access code or it expired. The access code (you get it in an e-mail after passing a MSFT cert exam for the first time) is only good for a few weeks so I know a lot of people just don’t get to it in time. You’ll get the opportunity to request a new access code while you’re associating your MCP ID with your Passport/Windows Live ID. If you want to give it a try: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/passport/instructions.asp

Let me know if it works for you, or you have suggestions on how to make it better.

If you’re wondering why you’d need to get to the MCP site – it is where exam transcripts, certification logos, and transcript sharing tools are found…

Here’s the bit about the self-help button:

§        This service is for first-time visitors to the MCP site.

§        Before you request a new code, confirm that your spam blocker will allow e-mail from mswwprog@microsoft.com

§        If you have already associated your MCP ID to your Windows Live (or Passport) ID but can not remember your password, or if you have any other site access issues, you will need to contact your Regional Service Center for help.

§        MCP site access steps: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/passport/instructions.asp

1. I’ve a little request to do that think could be extremely useful for everyone. I’ve earned in the past some certifications that comes under the MCP paths (MCAD, MCTS, MCPD etc.) and I’ve also some MBS certifications (NAV and CRM). Actually, we don’t have a page or a Transcript where all these certifications are listed together. MBS (or Dynamics) certifications are not listed on the MCP site.

Is it possible to have in the future a central location where all Microsoft certification that an individual has earned are listed? What we need is a unified Transcript with all the titles. Thanks for listening 🙂

2. I do have mcp id but don’t access code to access mcp/mct member sit

3. Steve F says:

I have been locked out of the system for months. I have associated my MCP ID to my Windows Live account over a year ago. It worked fine for a while then one day stoped. Contacted customer service they reset my access code multiple times and still no luck they told me it would take a few days. So I waited… Still no luck. Few months later I tried again tried to reset the access key. Now I get the error "You will not be able to reset the access code because our record indicated that you already migrated into the system." Every time I log into it tries to associated my MCP ID which was done years ago. You think a company that makes web/system exams have thier system developers at least be to par with these exams. I feel like I passed all these exams for no reason.

4. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Steve, that sounds miserable. send me a mail and hopefully I can get you some help.

5. Trevor says:

6. Joe S says:

I’m having that same trouble as the rest of you guys.  I enter my MCPID, first name, last name, and e-mail address and… nothing.

I get the dialog box with the strangely vague "You will not be able to reset the access code because our record indicated that you already migrated into the system." message. OK, computer… that’s nice. So… update the "record" and re-migrate it, please.

Why do I need to call the regional service center for this?  That’s so… 1988.

I’m getting the feeling this feature wasn’t really run by QA since the reset page contains one sentence and it has a misspelling ("To Reset **Acess** Code…") so maybe it’s not my problem at all but a bug in the implementation?

7. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Bhartendu, please contact the helpdesk for help. They should be able to help you if the "reset code" is not working for you.

Joe S and Trevor, it DOES seem very 1988, I know, sorry it is not working for you online. Send me a mail if the helpdesk isn’t getting this resolved for you, either.

8. Lola says:

I am having the same issue. Was there ever any resolution for this?

"You will not be able to reset the access code because our record indicated that you already migrated into the system"

Thanks

9. Michail_Shmelkov says:

I am having the same trouble. I try to Reset Access code. I enter MCPID, First Name, Last Name and Email. And I get the same error  "You will not be able to reset the access code because our record indicated that you already migrated into the system."

10. Neem says:

I have got MCP ID on 10 OCT 2007. But till date i have not got any access code or Welcome kit. I wrote many time to microsoft about this but till date no any reply. I don’t know what to do. Do anybody suggest me ………….

11. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Lola, Michail–no resolution on this. Is this the first time you’ve ever tried to associated your MCP ID with the site (think back… did you ever attmept it a few years ago, or something, where the database would show your ID as "attached" to something?) if not, please send me an e-mail with your MCP ID and I can forward that along so they can investigate the bug. In the meantime, unfortunately, you need to contact the helpdesk to get help accessing the site. Lame. SOrry.

Neem, please send me your last attempt to contact the helpdesk and I’ll find out why you are not getting a response. I apologize for the trouble you’ve had.

12. Scott S says:

I have had my MCP for 10 years now, migrated long ago and when I go to login page get a mesage about using Windows LiveID, which I have had and migrated my Passport account to long ago. Only option is to click the logout button for Winodws LiveId, then I get returned to the same page, I contacted a service Center and got an access but I have nowhere to typw it in.

13. Doug says:

I’ve got a Windows Live ID associated with my MCP account which works fine.

But I’ve now got a NEW Windows Live ID (new email address).

I’ve read the instructions at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/passport/instructions_a.mspx

and can login ok with the new live ID. But, on login, I’m not being asked if I’m an MCP (as per step 3 in the instructions). Instead, I’m being asked for my MCP ID and access code. However I understand the access code is for new / first time registrations only? And reading the above, I’m not too keen to try it – I really don’t want to lose access to my transcript (looking for a new job soon!)

Thanks!

14. Gustavo Ortega says:

What’s wrong at the MCP transcript page? I’m always getting an unhandled server error -Not good getting this from a Microsoft webpage.

Server Error in ‘/MCP’ Application.

——————————————————————————–

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!– Web.Config Configuration File –>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application’s <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!– Web.Config Configuration File –>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Regards,

Gustavo Ortega

15. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Gustavo, not sure what’s up. I know we’re having some MCP site issues at the moment but not sure if that is related… will forward along but please also report it to the support desk so it goes through the right channels!

Trika

16. tony says:

I got the same error, now I can’t check welcome kit & Transcript also, don’t know why Microsoft won’t solve this.

Server Error in ‘/MCP’ Application.

——————————————————————————–

Runtime Error

<!– Web.Config Configuration File –>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

17. rafael says:

i have the same problem:

Server Error in ‘/MCP’ Application.

——————————————————————————–

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

18. Tony W says:

Trika,

Im not sure if you’re still reading comments from this blog post or not, But I find MCP Customer Service extremely frustrating, I get the following error after trying to access the MCP website for the first time:

"Error: Problem in registration of your profile. Error calling PrepareCustomerMerge: Customer account is locked out ErrorCode:0x8110FFFF ID:{2C5C1A16-B66F-4746-92C6-FC67790936E3} Host:[207.46.236.111]., please contact Customer Services Representative for assistance."

RSC was no help at all, just told me to send them an email to mcphelp@microsoft, no replies at all.

19. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hi, Tony and all. Yes, still reading comments and I’m sorry for the issues. We posted a notice on the MCP site to try to let people know we’re aware of the problems and working on them. I know that’s not much consolation. If you did not receive a response from the helpdesk, please forward your original e-mail to me and I will escalate to find out why no one responded.

20. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Tony can you send me an e-mail and whatever you sent to the helpdesk. Want to make sure you get help.

21. Zeljko says:

My transcript live id is frogman@blic.net but I still get the error have already migrate to the system when I try to reset the access code.

Can you help me?

22. Lubomir says:

I want to re-associate my MCP ID to my new Windows Live ID and got that message:

How can I get help to resolve this issue?

23. Eric says:

Same thing for me…… it’s really disappointing………

24. Darren Pullen says:

When it tries to load this page: https://www.mcpdigitalcert.com/MCPDownload/CertificateManager.aspx

I get the following error:

"We apologize for the inconvenience.

There is a temporary issue with the MCP Digital Certificate tool. This issue usually lasts for a short time period, please check back later.

If you have questions, contact your Regional Service Center."

I also get the runtime error as previously posted above.

I can log in fine. I received the emails with my MCP ID and the one-time access code fine (and pretty quickly, too).

I can view my Certification Planner, which shows a tick next to 070-271.

I’m in the process of emailing MS (through emeamcp@msdirectservices.com) and the only suggestion that’s come up so far is to clear the IE cache, cookies and other temporary files. I have also tried accessing it through the latest Firefox browser and get the same messages onscreen.

If there’s another email address or something I can try, I’d be very grateful for some assistance.

Thanks in advance.

25. Darren Pullen says:

I can access the Certification Planner fine.

I think I’ve just noticed something though..

It does say something along the lines of it may take two weeks for the transcript to become available.

26. Travis says:

Haven’t been able to get to transcripts or download certificates for almost 4 weeks now.

27. Bob says:

I get this error too. Can login to MCP, but cannot view transcript or certificate. Get:

<!– Web.Config Configuration File –>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

<!– Web.Config Configuration File –>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Seems the error has been around for a long time (looking at other posters). Also when I try to view my script through their "shared transcript" service I often get like, "An error has occured".

This was surdenly not what I would expect from Microsoft. Quite a dissapointment really, and makes me reconsider whether I should continue my MS studies, when I cannot trust the output of the MCP site…

28. - says:

Seems nothing ever works on that website!

29. Ishak says:

Hi, tried to download my MCSE certificate but am always getting the same error….

<!– Web.Config Configuration File –>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

<!– Web.Config Configuration File –>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

it has been over a month and i still cant download my certificate….. what is going on guys….

30. vladab says:

I am a member of MCP since 2001. I have old MCP ID and access code. Now I cannot mine Live ID to link my MCP because,in a current of procedure of identification,the information is sent on the address of old e-mail which does not exist more. What should I make?

31. Haytham Abdel Aziz Tawfik says:

I am having the same problem, I sent an e-mail to mswwprog@microsoft.com, if they did not reply, or get this solved, can I send you an e-mail trikah@microsoft.com ??

Thanks…

32. Ankita says:

I have MCP ID but my access code has expired.I need to download my MCTS certificates.I tried to reset the access code ,it ask me first name,last name mcp id and mail id .After submitting the details it says access code reset and it is sent to the mail id ,but i havent recieved any mail regarding access code.Could anyone please help me out.

33. Mimi says:

Hi,

How to link all my transcripts to my new email address? The old email address that I used before is not working anymore and I forgot even my access code. Is there any way to retrieve all of my transcripts and link it to my new email address?

Please help. I need all my transcripts very badly. :'(

34. varalaxmi says:

Till NW me don't get any access code nd msg from  mswwprog will plz send day to my varareddy.gk280@Gmail.com

35. ramya says:

I have requested several times for access code but have not received in my mail.pls send the access code to hiamrom@gmail.com

36. Harshabardhan says:

Hello sir/madam,

I am already  requested several times for access code but i have not received in my mails . Please send a like or a  access code to my mail id :- samantara_harshabardhan@rediffmail.com

And suggest me how can i get a link in it ….

37. Shruti says:

I did receive the MCP ID in email, but no access code. I tried resetting the access code several times, but didn't see any email from microsoft. I have also added mswwprog@microsoft.com to my contact list. Please send me the access code to – er.tiwari.shruti@gmail.com

Thanks!

38. Chris Stead says:

Me too – the "Temporary Access Code Request" page doesn't appear to do anything at all.

Pressing the submit button just leaves me on the same page with no indication that anything has happened or that anything is wrong (certainly no access code email ever arrives) – what a terrible school-boy implementation of a data capture form!!!

Just in case someone @ MS read this and decides to send me an access code the address is chris.p.stead@gmail.com

39. K Guney says:

Same problem for me. Please fix this MS….

40. Wendall-Wayne Wagenstroom says:

I have the same problem please get this fixed, as I need to get onto the site to get my certifications.

41. zille says:

I am having the same problem. I tried to reset the access code but I never received it in my inbox or spam folder.

Can anyone email me access code at zille007@msn.com

42. Omer Ali says:

Trouble Migrating to MC ID.

I got my MC ID and Access Code almost 10 days ago and since then I have been eagerly trying to get my hands on my certificates. Failing one after the other, I have tried, almost 3 laptops, 2 desktops, 3 smartphones and all over my business, work and home networks but still could not get to my profile page.

Whereas, my mates tried signing in a day ahead of me and they already got their certificates.

I wrote to all the regional support centres ( I am located in Pakistan) and they all happened to give me the same suggestions (The Usual steps of logging in) which never worked.

I tried telling all of the support regions that Its a server side authentication issue and appears that it has got nothing to do with the client computer (at my end ofcourse).

I also tried sending the screenshots to the support centres but nothing seemed to happen.

I guess then, they got so much annoyed that someone from Microsoft emailed me telling me that I should write to my local regional support and seek help from them.

Unfortunately this was the Regional Liaison Office for Microsoft Pakistan (both Islamabad & Karachi branches). To my sheer badluck and distress, these guys just simply dont reply to emails and no one answers the phone calls. I am not sure if the Liaison office is still there or not and perhaps Microsoft forgot to strike it off from their websites.

In short, I need to present my certifications to my employer and if anyone can please help me out here, I would    really be thankful .

I guess i cannot publish an image in the comments, so I am going to paste the exact error code.

—————————————————————

•System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Data validation failed. Please refer to the soap detail element for more information. ErrorCode:0x81110002 ID:{F82CA20B-F6B8-453C-9951-D14787A8280A} Host:[65.55.21.248]. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Microsoft.MSCOM.CustomerServices.v30.CustomerServiceProxy.CustomerService.SetCustomer(Customer customer, CustomerComponent customerComponent) at MemberSite.Code.MigrationService.SetCustomer(Candidate person, CustomerService customerService, Customer backupCustomer, Customer customer) at MemberSite.Code.MigrationService.ProcessMerge(Candidate candidate)

—————————————————————

Will be looking ahead to hear from you

cheers

43. Travis says:

This link does NOT take me to any page to gain my ID which was never sent to me after I passed my first test. What is wrong with MS sites? They need to get their act together.

44. Amir Habib says:

Dear all

i need some one help me am MCP win 2000 but i lost all my papers and my certificates

and i do  my MCP EXM in Egypt and i exm center is not Existing any more   my nationality is sudanese

please all advice my email amirhabib45@hotmail.com

45. Amir Habib says:

Dear all

and i do  my MCP EXM in Egypt and the exm center is not Existing any more   my nationality is sudanese

please  all i  need advice my email amirhabib45@hotmail.com

46. Francis Taylor says:

I need some one to help am MCP sql server2008 but I paper was bunted by a fire accident and I do my mcp at sierra Leone The regional center said i must have my MCPID CODE NEW BEFOR I CAN ACCESS IT

47. Jaison says:

I am getting below error while trying to enter my id and access code

•System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Microsoft.MSCOM.MSIndividual.Customers.MsiSoapException: Data validation failed. Please refer to the soap detail element for more information. ErrorCode:0x81110002 ID:{D2260B73-FC65-4F24-856A-2C464806D177} Host:[207.46.23.102]. at Microsoft.MSCOM.MSIndividual.CustomerService.SetCustomer(Customer customer, CustomerComponent customerComponent) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Microsoft.MSCOM.CustomerServices.v30.CustomerServiceProxy.CustomerService.SetCustomer(Customer customer, CustomerComponent customerComponent) at MemberSite.Code.MigrationService.SetCustomer(Candidate person, CustomerService customerService, Customer backupCustomer, Customer customer) at MemberSite.Code.MigrationService.ProcessMerge(Candidate candidate, Boolean notificationRequired)

48. Atul says:

I have done MCSE on 1998 and My MCP ID is – 1228953, I need credential so that I can book further exam Under the same account. So that my all MS certification in same place.

email- atulshri@hotmail.com

49. SRINIVAS says:

Where do you find your Mcp id ? Is it candidate number ?

50. Ramchandra says:

My email ID is bramchandra@rediffmail.com

Problem: I'm not able to login into my live Microsoft ID since I had not login from many year.

my MCP ID is  8458920

51. Osama Shafi says:

Last month I have cleared few microsoft certification but still I did'nt got my MC ID neither Access Code . I have mailed microsoft on every possible E-mail address but I didnt got a rep from any where . Can u or anyone Please help me out

52. Sophie says:

Had my MCP ID issued in 2002 when Live did not exist, and cannot change any details.  However they still send me promotional emails ( spam) for training courses to my email address. How silly!

53. maher tarabichi says:

hello

i've gut a mcp from microsoft for 15 years ago but unforshauntly i loss the card mcp

what i must to do

54. Anthony Morris says:

I got my MCP is 2009 since then I have moved and Lost my wallet card that had my ID#. Now I need a copy of the ID # and Cert. that had on the wall. I lost that is a fire a few years back. where do I get copies of this mostly just need my ID and Copy of the Cert. from my new employer. Any help?

55. Mubbashir says:

Dear all

Help me out

i did mcse , MCP in 2000 & 2001. I have forgot my ID or access code which was provided to me. now my employer want to verify my certificates issued by Microsoft as MCSE and MCP. i have emailed at the mswwprog@microsoft.com  six days before but still no reply.

Kindly send me any fastest way as my employer urgently required verification.

Please please help me

thanks in advance

56. rob says:

Logging into the mcp site throws me an error.

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.6502655f.1437060312.4229f243

Well at least good to see MS uses their own technology (TMG).

57. nagyb says:

I get same error "The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server."

58. Kevin says:

Help I need copies of my cert and can't log in to account because I don't know my MC ID or Access Code. Tried calling and they said they could not find a record under my email or Microsoft account. I need this for my new job. Microsoft has been no help in returning any emails.

59. Henning says:

Use firefox to logon to transcript site

60. Ronythomas says:

i have microsoft certification.i lost my microsoft account help me.how to recover