Knock knock. Who’s there? Apparently not your MCP welcome kit.

Definitely one of the most common questions I get from MCPs (particularly in India, I think) is on the status of your MCP or credential welcome kits. So, first let me say SORRY for those of you who are not sure what to do or waiting on your kit – I know that is frustrating!

In many cases the problem is that there is confusion about HOW to order or check status… so here’s what I tell people when they ask me, with various levels of civility and optimism, “Where’s my welcome kit?”

• Kits are NOT shipped automatically after you earn a credential. You must request your kit from the MCP site: https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/tools/WelcomeKitValidateAddress.aspx. The reason we do this is to have you CONFIRM your mailing address before we send out the kit the first time.

• After you place your order, kits take four to six weeks for delivery.

• If you haven’t received your kit in 4-6 weeks, contact your RSC (tell them when you placed your order, your MCP ID, and ask for the status of your shipment)

• If you check your mailing address in your profile and realize the kit is NOT being shipped to the right address, please contact your RSC to update your address and resubmit your kit request. Unfortunately, re-shipments or replacements can only be ordered by contacting the RSC right now.

This guy Jesse was telling me, too, that it’s not clear WHAT you’re supposed to get, and when, so we put this page out there to help: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/kits/default.mspx. Any suggestions of how to make that more helpful?

1. Stacey C. says:

Trikah,

Historically, for me and my collegues in Philadelphia, PA–it has taken on average, 8-10 weeks to receive MCP kits.  We haven’t given it much attention but, after the introduction of the new certification paths, we have noticed that it is now taking close to 12 weeks.  Just some feedback for your shipping and logistics folks.

Thanks

2. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hey, thanks for pointing that out – those turn around times are not what we’ve been advertising; that’s way too long for you all to have to wait. I’ll forward your comment along and report back if I hear anything.

3. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hi, Stacey. We dont know why it would have taken 12 weeks, that is way too long. The ops team asked for your info so they can find out what went wrong and make sure it’s not happening to others. Would you please e-mail your name, MCP ID, earned, ordered, and delivered date for your kit… and I’ll put you in touch with the right people.

4. Asit says:

Can you please let me know, How do I will get my MCP ID and Access code as I registered long back and forgot that. I gave MCP exams 2-3 months back and I am now unable to register on your given website and able to order my MCP kit as well as I tried the RSC but I am not getting through the numbers.

Can you please let me know if anyother email id or Number you are having for INDIA? I would appreciate your help in this regards

Thanks,

Asit

5. Gunasekaran says:

I forgot my MCP id and access code,

my candidate ID is SR2372203

Regards

Gunasekaran.L

6. Gunasekaran says:

I forgot my MCP id and access code,

my candidate ID is SR2372203

Regards

Gunasekaran.L

7. SATish says:

8. SATish says:

it would be better if therz a option 2 know the welcome kit status…. coz itz worryin me alot….

9. Aftab says:

Hi there,

well samething with me. I gave my MCP exam 070-229 and still waiting for the kit to arrive. Lets see how long it takes.

Can’t wait to get my certificate ;p

Cheers!

10. What happens in Scottsdale, stays in Scottsdale. This is what is written on a bedazzled t-shirt I considered

11. Jayakandan says:

from India

you can contact RSC 080-40103000

KEEP the following things ready before dialing them

1.registration ID

2.SR ID

3.Date of Examination

Thanks

Jay

12. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Jay, that is great information. Thank you very much!

13. Priya says:

Hi,

Could someone whos completed one of the MCTS Web/Win/Distributed

certifications confirm when I should receive the MCP ID and site

access?

I passed the 70-528 exam on 10th Dec (and planning to give 70-536 by this

month ending). when I was leaving the exam they said I should receive mail

confirmation from microsoft but I havent received any mails, whom should I

contact for this. Can you please let me know if any email id or Number for INDIA to

contact?

Thanks in advance.

Priya.

14. Manimaran says:

I have passed windows 2003 server exam in july 18,Upto date i have not mcp welcome kit.there is any options to get it.

15. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hello, all. If you have not gotten your information about how to access the MCP site, you will need to contact your regional helpdesk. Please have all of your information (date/exam name/location/contact information) on hand so they can assist you in finding your records. Thank you for your patience!

16. Selva Anand says:

Hi,

I want my MCP id and access code,

my candidate ID is SR3068921

17. Selva Anand says:

Hi,

Iam not getting my MCP id and access code,

my candidate ID is SR3068921

Regards,

Selva

18. Selva Anand says:

Hi,

I Finished the MCP in 2mnths before still now Iam not getting the MCP ID and access code (Welcome Kit).

Please reply to my mail.

My details are

Candidate ID: SR3068921

Exam Number: 070-284

Site Number: II160

Registration: p77syd501e

Regards,

Selva

19. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Selva, you need to contact your helpdesk.

You are welcome to copy me on your e-mail.

20. Shashi says:

I have cleared 70-528 Exam on Dec 31th 2007. I got a mail from Microsoft for MCP ID and Access code for accessing the MCP Members site. I have Confirmed my address in the Welcome Kits site but there is no Welcome Order below Address confirmation.

For 70-528 Exam, we dont get the MCP Certificate? Plaese calrify doubt.

Shashi

21. Kiran says:

I have cleared 70-528 Exam on 15th Feb 2008.I have Confirmed my address in the Welcome Kits site but there is Welcome Order below Address confirmation with checkbox disabled. I’m unable to check the checkbox.

Plaese calrify request.

22. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hi, Shashi and Kiran,

I’m sorry we haven’t been very clear about this on our websites. The exam 70-528 does not earn a certification by itself; you have to also pass 70-536. After you pass that exam, to earn a credential (MCTS), you can order a welceom kit. In the past, you might have earned an MCP certification for passing one exam; in the new model of certification, you have to complete your MCTS certification wiht one, or in some cases, two exams (like this case) to earn a credential.

Best,