Today, Microsoft Translator announces the availability of the Russian language as its ninth speech translation language in addition to the existing ones: Arabic, Chinese Mandarin, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian) and Spanish.
With this release, businesses, developers and end users alike will have access to this language in the various apps and services offered or powered by Microsoft Translator:
- Apps for Android and iOS as well as Amazon Fire
- Speech API for developers to add language to their own applications
- When available, Skype Meeting Broadcast real-time subtitling
- The Translator feature in Skype for Windows desktop and the Windows 10 Skype Preview app
- Free and open-source Speech Translator app
Speech translation to text is available in all of Microsoft Translator’s 50+ supported languages. End users and businesses can break language barriers with the integration of speech translation in a growing number of languages.
Speech translation capabilities are available for businesses to add to their applications or services, offering more natural and effective multilingual user experiences for customers and staff.
Microsoft Translator is the first end-to-end speech translation solution optimized for real-life conversations (vs. simple human to machine commands) available on the market.