We are pleased to announce the availability of our new Translator app for Window 10.
In addition to the features you were familiar with in the previous versions of the app for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 such as text, voice and picture translation, Chinese translations to Pinyin, text-to-speech for translations, as well as support for offline translations with free downloadable language packs, this new app also adds:
- A truly responsive and refreshed user-experience that allows you to use it seamlessly across your Windows 10 PC experiences:
- Full screen on your favorite Windows 10 tablet
- Snapped to work alongside an app or website you need translation for on your tablet or laptop
- In a resizable floating window as a companion desktop app for your everyday productivity uses
- The power of the new Windows 10 platform: This app has been rewritten to be a true universal app. The same app with a consistent look and feel will work across all of your Windows 10 devices, from PC to Phone to other Windows 10 powered devices
- Pinning your favorite translations for easy access and the ability to look them up by translation type: text, voice, and camera
- Search history and favorite translations in the handy integrated search bar
- Easy access to the last 3 languages you translated from and to
- Selection of the language dialect for the text-to-speech features is available for Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish so you can always be sure you have the right accent while translating during your travels
- New languages supported for camera translations: Romanian, Serbian Cyrillic, and Slovak
- Support for the newly launched Kiswahili language, including an offline downloadable language pack for all the times you don’t have access to Internet
In addition, today we’re also announcing the availability of Kiswahili for online text translation in our Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone apps.
Try it today and download Translator for Windows 10!
Questions? Issues? Ideas? We’re waiting for your feedback!
Apps powered by Microsoft Translator: