The Multilingual App Toolkit (MAT) for Visual Studio 2012 is an extension that enables translation support through tools and guides. This extension for Visual Studio 2012 helps you localize your Windows Store and Windows Phone apps with translation support, translation file management, and editor tools.
With the Windows Store you can potentially sell apps in more than 200 markets worldwide. The toolkit provides access into these markets by helping you create versions of your apps in any of the Windows supported languages.
- Helps to verify and note changes in resources over time.
- Provides a UI for choosing languages.
- Creates and supports the localization industry-standard XLIFF file format.
- Provides a pseudo-language engine that helps identify translation issues during development.
- Connects with the Microsoft Translator for quick translation suggestions.
By translating your resource files using Microsoft Translator, you can make your Windows Store app available in more languages and reach more markets and larger audiences. Included below are links to download the toolkit and step-by-step instructions on how to use Microsoft Translator service for translation suggestions.
By leveraging the Multilingual App Toolkit you have the ability to quickly expand your customer base and markets with added languages and reduce your time to market.
Below are helpful links and resources for more information and instructions: