Hallo aus Berlin!
Thanks to the great feedback from the early adopters of the Microsoft Translator widget and APIs, we are pleased to remove the invite requirement and move the widget and APIs to public beta. Anyone can now generate a snippet for their site or application from the widget and AJAX API adoption portals.
Thank you for all those who attended today’s session at TechEd Europe. Here is a recap:
- Microsoft Translator APIs and the webpage widget are now in beta
- Generate a translator widget for your webpage here, or use the AJAX API to further customize the translation experience
- Detailed reference for the APIs on MSDN, Getting started guides for ASP.NET and PHP, Interactive SDK
- 20+ languages supported by the service now (the latest 2 to be added in the next few days – Finnish and Bulgarian)
- New to windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8? Try the “Translate with Bing” accelerator powered by Microsoft Translator!
- Microsoft Translator powers millions of translations each day for Office (2003-2010), Bing, Live Toolbar and the unique Messenger bot
- Commercial licenses for the SOAP and HTTP APIs are available at no cost. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
We also greatly appreciate all the great feedback on what languages you would like to see, and we hope to satisfy many of the requests within the next few months. Stay tuned and keep the feedback coming!