Any-to-Any Translations and Language Autodetect now available for Microsoft Translator

Today our team released some exciting updates for Microsoft Translator! It is now possible to translate from any of our languages to any other language. Spanish to Chinese? Arabic to German? Check 🙂

We have also added a Language Autodetect feature to our webpage translator. So if you’re on a page that’s in a language you don’t recognize, our translation engine will autodetect the language on the source page, and automatically start translating into the language of your choice.

We’ve also cleaned up our landing page to try and make it a bit easier to use. Let us know what you think!

In addition, some of you noticed that there was a bug for some PC configurations with IE8. There was a bug where the IE8 Accelerator did not remember the user’s selected language. With this release, the bug has been fixed. Thanks to those of you who caught the bug and let us know!! An added bonus: you can also translate from any language to any other language in the preview pane!

Translation Accelerator

1. Alichar says:

Google offers Turkish translation.

2. anonymuos says:

Auto-detect is very cool. Is MicrosoftTranslator.com/Live Search Translator being re-branded to Bing Translator?

3. Now even better ! Enjoy 🙂 Rohan Technorati Tags: Microsoft Translator

4. David Roys says:

Hi there, I used Bing to search for weird automation control GUID that was used in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and bing found a hit in a Russian Blog. I then used the link from Bing to translate the blog and I was able to solve my problem and carry on. Great work guys!

It made me think of a useful extension. How about providing the ability to RSS to a blog that is in another language and have the feed delivered in your own language?

5. MTTeam says:

@anonymous: Yes – Live Search translator will be called Bing Translator. Look for a blog post describing our brand strategy very soon!

@David Roys: Great to hear the success story. Stay tuned for some interesting improvements to the Bing Translation experience.

Re: RSS translation – yes, this is certainly something I personally would like to see. With the APIs now being available, I am hopeful someone in the community will do it sooner than someone on the team.

-Vikram Dendi

Microsoft Translator

6. comprobacion del producto…

gracias….

7. Tomedes says:

Sounds cool. I wonder how it will fare with Google’s Translator Toolkit.

8. qualitydirectory says:

You said "So if you’re on a page that’s in a language you don’t recognize, our translation engine will autodetect the language on the source page, and automatically start translating into the language of your choice."

Auto-detection is a great feature, but wont it be better to give the option to translate, instead of starting the translation automatically?

9. computerproducts says:

Language Autodetect is a good feature for Online translators. Often I come across websites I don’t know their languages. It’s difficult to translate such pages when you don’t know the original languages. Microsoft Autodetect Translator helps me through.

10. Nicol gauthier says:

merci beaucoup pour le coup de main ! Nic

11. You say you translate in Turkish. Where do I find it

12. Sethu says:

Dear one

please send the detail about the Tamil translator fesilities.

13. christw says:

Dear Sethu,

at this time we do not have a translator for

Tamil. We will add Tamil when we have sufficient training data for this language.

Chris Wendt

14. re: Download the Microsoft Translator installer for Microsoft Office says:

Dear Sethu,

at this time we do not have a translator for

Chris Wendt

15. re: Download the Microsoft Translator installer for Microsoft Office says:

Dear Sethu,

at this time we do not have a translator for

Chris Wendt

16. suku says:

i am indian and i have much prob to write hindi so if your translator could translate English to hindi and hindi to english so its nice.

17. India says:

Please add indian languages in microsoft translator. google has hindi. microsoft can add all major indian languages like hindi, marathi, urdu etc.

18. javed khan says:

Hi there, I used Bing to search for weird automation control GUID that was used in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and bing found a hit in a indian Blog. I then used the link from Bing to translate the blog and I was able to solve my problem and carry on. Great work guys!