Windows Live Messenger translation bot now available!

clip_image001

The Microsoft Translator team is excited to announce the new translation bot for Windows Live Messenger! This Messenger bot does translations for you. Just add mtbot@hotmail.com to your contacts and start chatting. You can have one-on-one conversations with the bot, or you can invite a friend and chat in different languages with the bot translating for you.  As usual, remember that machine translation isn’t perfect – slang especially will give the engine trouble.

You can also access Windows Live Messenger on your smartphone to use the bot to translate simple sentences while you’re traveling to other countries!

The translator bot is localized into all of the languages for which we have translation support on www.microsofttranslator.com:

The translator Bot supports the following translation languages (the latest list of languages can be found here):

• Arabic
      • Polish
      • Portuguese
      • Russian
      • Spanish
      • Swedish
      • Thai

More languages will be rolled out over the next several months.  Start using the bot and let us know your feedback!

FYI – at any time while you’re chatting with the bot, just type “TBot ?” to get a list of commands that the bot understands:

clip_image002

Update (1/25/2010): Updated language list and links.

1. Un traduttore per Windows Live Messenger

2. How great is this latest Bot, from the MSR-MT team Windows Live Messenger translation bot now available!

3. K# says:

Windows live messenger translation bot

4. A Microsoft acaba de disponibilizar um projeto experimental com um  “Bot” para msn que funciona

5. Just tried TBot with one of my Chinese contacts and the results were impressive. Great job!

6. excelente notícia!  agora você pode conversar pelo Live Messenger com pessoas que falam outras línguas

7. rooro says:

I have tried it …

Greeeeeeeeaat !

8. DkmS says:

Русского языка у бота не видно.

Russian language have not seen Bot (Google translator) 😉

9. Tatbrat says:

I typed the TBot ? command and it asked me what language I speak and I pressed 3 for english and everything else I type, it’s the same question over and over.  Is there something else I need to do?  Everything I type to TBot, it keeps asking me what language I speak over and over.

10. DkmS says:

7 Italian

8 Japanese

9 Korean

10 Portuguese

11 Spanish

11. miriam says:

hi, i have to report a bug. the bot isn’t translating from german to french. it just echos the german words. also the same thing with french to german.

12. Diyo says:

why the hell is it trying to be smart about what i want translated

I wanted to translate "Bite me"

it says thats bad language, i really dont need it telling me what i should translate or not, that is a phrase i want translation for.

13. Andrea Jessee says:

We are in the process of updating the agent to not show GE<>FR as a language pair anymore. We apologize for the confusion this has caused!

This update will also address the automatic "language censoring" messenger agents are typically equipped with. We agree that our agent should not tell you what you would like translated. Please stay tuned for updates…

Thanks, Andrea (TBot Program Manager)

14. SETHnet.es says:

Debo reconocer que aunque llevo tiempo usando los que llamo programas de comunicaciones, no ha sido hasta hace poco que he empezado a usar con más asiduidad el servicio de mensajería que ofrece Microsoft a través de Windows Live Messenger. Siempre m

15. KCorax says:

Do you have plans to introduce a more complete service such as this http://kcorax.net/lab/project/pigeon-translation-service/ ?

16. Coggi says:

The translation from italian to english is quite bad…it’s too much literal :S

Like "sei carino" which means "You’re nice" being translated "six nice" where "sei" is also the word for the number 6… 🙁

17. Andy Skipper says:

Seems to work quite well! It even passed the lingua-loop ™ test, where you translate something to one language, and then back. Well, for Italian, anywho:

bufo bufo says:

excuse me, i happen to be a literary genius. now please pass the vinegar

TBot says:

Mi scusi, i dà il caso essere un genio letterario. ora prego passare l’aceto

bufo bufo says:

Mi scusi, i dà il caso essere un genio letterario. ora prego passare l’aceto

TBot says:

I am sorry, i happen to be a literary genius. now please pass the vinegar

Almost spot on!

18. christw says:

We did turn off the "smart" responses. From now on you will get just the translation, as good as our engine can produce it. Diyo, thanks for your report on this.

19. Jiahd Al-hazineh says:

Excellent .. Arabic translation is not bad at all.‎

Is there an SDK or resources for creating and customizing messenger BOTs?‎

20. Mustafa Kaya says:

it is excellent but we want to see TURKISH at there:)

21. Matti-Koopa says:

PLEASE bring back the bot:bye command!

It was VERY USEFULL for group conversations.

Now you have to wait for some stupid timeout…

Also the bot now always seems to "type a message" which is annoying.

22. MTTeam says:

Try the "tbot stop" command

23. Mes collègues de Microsoft Research l’annonçaient il y a quelques jours : toutes les paires de langues

24. &#160; Need a quick translation from English to other languages, this is hot.&#160; To do a simple translation

25. Cecilia says:

Guys, this needs a lot of work, I just tried it in spanish with my friend….things like : Where are you from? are not understood….great idea but come one…needs to be better quality to get to market

26. The "Microsoft Research Machine Translation (MSR-MT)" Team announced at the beginning of this month that

27. Really any automatic translation work properly, and Windows Live Messenger Translation was not the exception.

Try to translate anything using any machine translation to language A to language B and then from language B to language A, and see the results.

28. Andrea Jessee says:

Indeed, the result will be different because Machine Translation is not as simple as a dictionary lookup :(. The question is, even in the absence of perfection, can it be helpful…? Does an imperfect translation still enable us to understand the gist of a foreign message? If so then it is worth all our efforts.

Thanks for your comment, — Andrea

29. Audrey says:

I think it would be very helpful to have Tbot give you a ‘word/phrase of the day’ whenever you start a conversation with it. I think that would be a great addition, but Tbot as it is is very good.

30. MTTeam says:

Audrey – that is a great idea. I will make sure to bring it up in our next feature discussion.

thanks!

Vikram

(Sr. Product Mgr., Microsoft Translator Team)

31. First of all Thank You for the information. it is wonderful. I will pass the information about this wonderful idea. I also will use it and discuss about it in my next feature discussion including professionnal Translators.

With Thanks and best wishes of succes?

gyvillar@gmail.com

32. Did you know about it. I tried it out today and it works pretty well. All you need to do is add mtbot@hotmail.com

33. Vyacheslav Lanovets says:

Russian->English translation is poor. It’s poor even if I use "english-like" word order and very simple Russian.

And I heard same thing is used for localized MSDN translation. Brrr.

I liked the result of translation for "поди туда, не знаю куда". That was "Probably there, I do not know where" 🙂

34. rick says:

thanks so much i could not talk to my friend in columbia without it

wow its great

35. Kidoos says:

You may be aware of Microsoft&#39;s language translation service at http://www.windowslivetranslator

36. Pretty cool idea for a messenger translation bot

37. Windows Live Messenger translation bot now available! The Microsoft Translator team is excited to announce

38. neuronspark says:

Windows Live Messenger translation bot now available! The Microsoft Translator team from Microsoft Research has released new translation bot into the wild for Windows Live Messenger. This Messenger bot does translations when you add mtbot@hotmail.com

39. Al says:

Mine doesn’t work got any ideas

40. Lane says:

Thank you for the comment – the Live Agents support team is looking into this issue now.  I will repost back here when we are back up.

Thanks,

Lane

MSR-MT Team

41. Lane says:

UPDATE:  The server hosting TBot has been restarted and should be responsive now.  Please let us know on this blog if there are further issues!

Cheers,

Lane

MSR-MT Team

42. Corpo: Olá pessoal, Alguns dias atrás eu vi esta notícia, testei e achei super bacana … então, decidi

43. adil says:

The translation from english to arabic is quite bad

44. ms jang says:

I’m glad to meet your team.

but, yet Korean translations infants level

45. Rinko says:

I want to translate from English to Japanese but it keep showing Japanese to English. What should I do?

46. Jonathan says:

Please add a "TBot identify" command that allows me to type a phrase and then returns a best guess attempt at identifying the source language.  Something like this:  http://ruphus.com/identify/.  It will save me going to the web everytime I need to identify a language.

Thanks for the great service!

-Jonathan

47. MTTeam says:

Thank you for the feedback!  We will add this to our list of features to consider for a future release. 🙂

Cheers,

Lane Rau

Microsoft Translator team

48. MTTeam says:

@Rinko, type in Tbot ? to get a list of commands.  One of the commands will allow you to change languages.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Lane Rau

Microsoft Translator team

49. Robert Holloway says:

I cannot seem to get this thing working on my version of Live Messenger. It woke up a few days ago, but I could never get it to allow me to invite another person on Messenger. Now it does not wake up at all…I wonder if it is compatable with the latest version of Live Messenger? Can someone tell me????

50. Robert Holloway says:

Now I can get it to wake up, but it never comes online, and I cannot invite another member to it or it to them..the bot is always Offline and will not allow me to invite anyone…Is it offline a lot or just something not working right? Thanks for any help I can get…

51. MTTeam says:

Robert, can you send your system info (Messenger version/build number, Operating system) and the bot address (mtbot@hotmail.com?) to the following email?

mtcont (at) microsoft.com

We will work with you to figure out why it might not be working.

Thanks!

Vikram Dendi

Microsoft Translator team

52. Amali says:

i would really love to communicate with all me friends i’m counting on u

53. Luke says:

I said can you speak enlish? and it translated the question as can you speak japanese!!!!

Luke says:

can you speak english?

TBot 2 Alpha says:

japanese が話せますか。

54. Mike says:

I would like to use MTBOT with Microsoft OCS. Since we are Federated I can add the bot to my contact list in Communicator. I can chat one on one with the bot but I can not add the bot into a session with others. Example I initiate an IM sesssion with one other person and than invite the MTBOT to the conference. I get the following error: Cannot invite TBot 2 Alpha to join this conference. This person is using a messaging program that does not support more than two participants in a conversation.

55. Jim says:

How many participants can be in session with the bot?

56. Mike says:

Follow up to yesterdays MTBOT with OCS. Today the bot is showing available but not responding…msg indicates offline. Would like to leverage in OCS sessions if possible.

57. qualitydirectory says:

I’m testing MTBOT now. I like it – very interesting!

58. computerproducts says:

The Live Messenger translation bot makes life a lot easier.

59. Wow, what a great service!  I chat with a Russian IT team all the time and although their English is really quite good this service lets us chat faster.

A really great enhancement would be to allow people to teach the bots better translations.

60. PATZY MADIN says:

QUISIERA UN TRADUCTOR PARA UNOS DE MIS CONTACTOS DE MSN ESPANOL A ITALIANO

61. Joe Rock says:

This is absolutely useful!!! MTBOT Rocks!!!

62. Luis says:

tbot is not working, it is offline??

63. MTTeam says:

@Luis: Can you verify which email address you are using? mtbot@hotmail.com is up and running.

64. Nina says:

Adicionei o Tbot em meu msn porêm ele assim aparece offline, como faço para coloca – lo online, uma vez que ele estando offiline não tenho como chamar para conversação a três?

65. gosto muito das traduções,mas as vezes ainda me enrosco em alguns itens.mas vou aprender ta.

66. isso,quando o tbot esta offline como coloca-lo online??assim adiciona-lo a conversa?

67. James says:

I think the bot could be very useful. I have added mtbot@hotmail.com but although it is in my list it is not online for me to communicate with.

68. cualquiera says:

necesito un traductor para mi correo

69. Charles Ford says:

the bot has not been active for many weeks, after the last upgrade, it seemed to disappear. It was a great tool, and I miss it.

70. Juliana says:

adicionei o tbot no meu messenger, mas ele não fica online. Assim, não consigo convidar amigos para a janela de conversa. O que faço?

71. MAURIZIO says:

PER TE LA NUOVA VERSIONE LANCIO PER WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER TRANSLATION

72. Bernabas Irijanto says:

it is excellent but we want to see INDONESIAN at there .

73. it is excellent but we want to see INDONESIAN at there .

74. Gustavo says:

Muito bom tradutor inglês-português gratuito para o MSN

75. Eve says:

Ủy Ban Giáo Lý Việt Nam tại Hoa Kỳ http://giaoly.org/vn

——————————————————————————–

Học và Sống Tinh Thần Thánh Phaolô

10.10.2008

Để hưởng ứng việc Đức Thánh Cha Bênêđictô XVI công bố Năm Thánh Phaolô, Đức Cha Michael Saltarelli, Giám Mục Wilmington đã viết một thư mục vụ vào ngày 25 tháng 1 năm 2008, trong đó ngài đưa ra sáu đề tài giúp các tín hữu Công Giáo sửa soạn học tập và sống tinh thần của Thánh Phaolô trong năm Thánh Phaolô này. Chúng tôi xin mạn phép chuyển ngữ sang tiếng Việt Nam để đóng góp vào những tài liệu học tập của tín hữu Việt Nam trong năm này.

HỌC VÀ SỐNG TINH THẦN THÁNH PHAOLÔ

Trong Năm Thánh Phaolô: 28/6/2008-29/6/2009

76. issa says:

le robot est très éfficace pour la traduction.

77. # 再: Windows Live Messenger 翻译 bot 现已推出

78. # 再: Windows Live Messenger 翻译 bot 现已推出

79. troconis says:

es fantastico el Windows Live Messenger translation bot, yo lo use para la traduccion de una convrsacion de español a aleman…. pero quisiera saber como hago nuevamente para cambiar la traduccion a otro idioma, ejemplo de aleman a ingles?..por favor

80. julio cesar says:

como cambio mis preferencias de idioma

81. humerusGreek says:

humerusGreek

82. Hesham Rashwan says:

I need to use it bout I don’t know how I can do that please send to my e-mail

rashwan999@hotmail.com

83. mario says:

j’ai essayer votre traducteur et j’ai apprécier

l’utité du produit car c’est tres pratique merci de nous offrir ce produit

P/S en espérant vous aider a déveloper ce produit

bien a vous mario

84. mario says:

j’ai essayer votre traducteur et j’ai apprécier

l’utité du produit car c’est tres pratique merci de nous offrir ce produit

P/S en espérant vous aider a déveloper ce produit

bien a vous mario

85. eyler says:

los nick estan supero  bonitos ps sigan asi ps

86. Tom says:

coolest gadget!!! hope its implemented into next messeneger

87. EL CREATIVO says:

gracias por tan util herramienta

88. Ttennorblues says:

Hola Me gustaría traducir por completo todos los texto. Espero aprender muchos más mientras tanto debo conformarme con la ayuda de la traduccón automatica. Aunque me gustaría que fuese directa y personal. Saludos.

89. says:

本文通过对国内外离职理论的研究结果进行分析,结合国内的实际情况,结合案例,对我国民营企业的员工离职因素进行分析,并构建了民营企业员工离职因素模型。进而提出民营企业员工离职的对策,这对民营企业的进一步发展和构筑竞争优势具有一定的指导意义。

90. liu says:

coolest gadget!!! hope its implemented into next messeneger

91. ramon pc says:

salvar mi traductor para web y traduccion automatica de busqueda

92. ramon pc says:

creo que me ayudara bastante si es capaz de traducir todo lo solicitado   gracias.

93. ramon pc says:

hasta manana,gracias por su atencion

94. Blake says:

good application to have good conversation..

95. Fernanda says:

Tenho dificuldades com a lingua inglêsa, estou aprendendo, mas ainda falta muito…preciso de ajuda.

Obrigado

96. Fernanda says:

Preciso de ajuda com a lingua inglesa.

Obrigado

97. Andy says:

Please add Farsi. There’s a lot going on in Iran – there must be a demand for this.

98. ary felix says:

quero parabezinar a equipe por mais este excelente trabalho. adicionamos este serviço para atender nossos clientes do site http://www.cartoriobrasileiro.com.br e ajudou no atendimento a cliente que estão fora do brazil. obrigado.

99. Mikkel says:

What would it take to include Norwegian as language? Can see a great potential for kid in education and their perception of MS as an innovative company…

100. Amer says:

Thank for this servece and this is better than google translate becouse I can using it without Open internat explorar

101. e cambiado mis cuentas usuario a adsministrador para tener mas pribilejios de descarga

102. Sky says:

Hi

installed the Mtbot but accidentally click on the wrong language as default language. No matter how I key in "MTbot?" to re-select nothing prompt out! I cannot set back my default language to english.I deleted Mtbot from contact & re-installed again but it still doesn’t work. Kindly advice!

Thank-you!

email: fasterflytosky@hotmail.com

103. christw says:

Hello Sky,

to set the language TBot uses to talk with you, type "tbot set". It will bring up the same dialog again you went through initially to set your language.

Let us know if this helps.

104. sally says:

my name is sally. nice to meet you.

I can’t speak English very well.

but I’ll try thank you

105. kis says:

انالااستطيع اتكلم انجليزيه جيد ولكن ساحول داماًشكرالكم

106. ว้าว ขอบคุณมากมากครับ สำหรับบอท ตัวใหม่

Thank you for bot windows live massenger

107. PLEASE bring back the bot:bye command!

It was VERY USEFULL for group conversations.

Now you have to wait for some stupid timeout…

Also the bot now always seems to "type a message" which is annoying.

108. LEANE APARECIDA says:

SERIA MUITO BOM TER AS CONVERSAS TRADUZIDAS EM TEMPO REAL E RESPOSTAS TAMBEM CONFORME O IDIOMA DE QUEM ESTA NOS PROCURANDO,JA TIVE PROBLEMAS COM PESSOAS QUE QUEREM FALAR COMIGO DE OUTROS IDIOMAS E NÃO CONSEGUIMOS NOS ENTENDER. OBRIGADA

109. LEANE APARECIDA says:

OI AMIGOS,PARA PODER LER AS INFORMAÇÕES USO UM RECURSO DO GOOGLE QUE ENTRA AUTOMATICO QUANBDO PRECISO DE ALGUMA TRADUÇÃO E ESTA NO AUTOMATICO QUALQUER IDIOMA,QUERIA SABER COMO FAÇO PARA INSTALAR NO MESSENGER E NOS OUTROS PROGRAMAS QUE USO COMO FACEBOOK,TWITTER,MY SPACE, WINDOWS LIVE HOTMAIL ,AS VEZES VEM ALGUMA MENSAGEM EM INGLES E NÃO CONSIGO ENTENDER NO MEIO DE TODAS ASD MENSAGENS.OBRIGADA

110. Sky says:

Hi,

I did as instructed to key in "tbot set" but it still don’t work! I can change my default language back to english!

The message prompt after I key in "tbot set" is:

ยินดีต้อนรับการกลับมา Carrieคู่ภาษาปัจจุบันของคุณคือ: ไทย > ดัทช์

คุณสามารถเชิญบุคคลอื่นได้ในขณะนี้ หรือแจ้งให้ฉันทราบถึงสิ่งที่คุณต้องการให้ฉันแปลให้คุณ

( ข้อสงวนสิทธิ์ http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=tou ) ไม่ว่าเมื่อใดคุณก็สามารถพิมพ์: TBot ? เพื่อดูสิ่งต่างๆ ที่ฉันสามารถให้บริการแก่คุณ

Kindly advice!

Thx!

111. Sky says:

Hi,

The message prompt after I key in "tbot set" is:

ยินดีต้อนรับการกลับมา Carrieคู่ภาษาปัจจุบันของคุณคือ: ไทย > ดัทช์

Kindly advice!

Thx!

112. Sky says:

Kindly help me to change my default language back to english!

113. MTTeam says:

Sky, here is what I would suggest.

1) Start a new conversation with tbot by sending any message to the tbot.

2) When the tbot responds with some information (you will likely see the http://help.live.com link in the text which is an indicator as to where you are) – now type in tbot set

3) It should respond with a list of interface languages to choose from.

Let us know if that works for you,

Vikram

114. Takako Aikawa says:

Hi Tbot users,

Regarding the Tbot commands’ questions/issues, here is a simple workflow of Tbot commands.

Signed in, and click on Tbot.

(1) Type "Tbot set", first: This command lets you decide what language you want to use for your UI.  Until you set this up, Tbot doesn’t listen to other commands. So the first thing to do is to type "Tbot set" and set your UI language.

(2) Next, type "Tbot ?": The command "Tbot ?" gives you all the commands Tbot knows. If you know all the Tbot commands, you don’t have to type "Tbot ?", of course.

(3) Next, type "Tbot change": This command lets you select your translation languages.

(4) When you type "Tobt change", Tbot will ask you, "Please select your source language".  You MUST select your source language at this point.  Tbot won’t understand other commands during this session.  In other words, you won’t be able to get out of this session till you select your source language.

(5) Once you select your source language, Tbot will ask you, "Please select your target language".  Again, you MUST select your target language.  Tbot won’t understand other commands during this session.

(6) Now, you can start typing your text(s).

(7) You can use "Tbot stop" when you want to stop talking to Tbot.  (This is equivalent to "Tbot bye".)

Keep in mind that when Tbot asks you to select “Preferred language”, “Source language”, and “Target language”, you have to select these.  Otherwise, Tbot won’t listen to your other commands (e.g., Tbot set, Tbot ?, etc.).

Hope this is helpful…..

Thanks for using Tbot!  Takako

115. yasmin says:

como faço para cancelar os idiomas e começar tudo de novo ?

116. Erik says:

Olá Leane,

se você user o Internet Explorer 8 você pode obter traduções imediatas da seguinte maneira: selecione o texto que você deseja traduzir, mova o ponteiro do mouse por cima do texto selecionado e clique no ponteiro azul que aparece e selecione "Translate with Bing" (Traduzir com Bing) ou "Translate with Live Search" (Traduzir com Live Search). Você obterá uma tradução imediata do text que você selecionou.

Boa sorte,

Erik

117. hector sikri says:

disculpa pero no puedo instalar mi messinger

118. hector sikri says:

si esta pero como hago uso de el si no lo puedo abril puedes emviarme una forma de como abrirlo por favor gracias

119. hector sikri says:

120. turgay says:

please,, add to turkish language…. tbott

121. sami says:

برنامج ترجمة في الماسنجر يكون جيد جدا

122. sami says:

Just add mtbot@hotmail.com to your contacts and start chatting

123. gabriel says:

I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it I liked it!

124. Amit says:

125. Thank I want to translate from English to Japanese but it keep showing Japanese to English.

126. christw says:

Hi สถานีเพลงออนไลน์ ,

type "tbot change" to set our source ("from") language and your target ("to") language.

Hope this helps,

Chris Wendt

Microsoft Translator

127. antwan says:

i suggest to add syriac language because it’s important

128. Khokha says:

love it love it love it love it

129. Noc David says:

i love this translator..

we very much appreciate to include Filipino as well.

best regards

130. Thiago says:

Como faço para selecionar um idioma pois coloquei as opçoes TBot 18, 18, TBot set … e a unica coisa que ele faiz é pergunta qual o meu idioma .

como configurar ele ?

131. Takako Aikawa says:

Hi Thiago,

Type "Tbot change".  This will ask you to select the source language.  If you want to translate from English to Portuguese, you type "8".

Tbot then will ask you to select the target language.  So you type "18".

If you want to change the language pair again, type again "Tbot change".  Hope that this is helpful.

[Segue-se a tradução para português do texto acima pelo nosso tradutor.]

Digite "Alteração de Tbot".  Este solicitará que você selecione o idioma de origem.  Se você quiser traduzir do inglês para português, você digita "8".

Tbot, em seguida, solicitará que você selecione o idioma de destino.  Assim você digitar "18".

Se você quiser alterar o par de idiomas, digite novamente a "Alteração de Tbot".  Espero que este é útil.

Obrigado

132. Je tente de reussir la traduction.

merci

133. alan sipac says:

i think that is easier to dodo somenting

134. john alex says:

i like  to  have this translator plz

135. badro0222 says:

je cherche ce robot depuis longtemps merci

136. S G says:

HI guys, I just discoverd this great translator. I can surely translate the langauge I need to use.

I have 1 question. Can you use the Bot in 1 on 1 or multiple live conversation, like in the .Pigeon program? I would like that very much.

thanks

137. S G says:

Tbot says (22:58):

*Got it. Now translating: ENGLISH > SPANISH!

S G says (22:58):

*tell me why

Tbot says (22:58):

*me Tell why

138. necesito que me traduscam los textos de mi paguina de mail gracias

139. gracias esta muy bueno me gusto

140. Jeff Allen says:

I have done some configuration on my overall set up today.

1) MSN Messenger for Pocket PC v3 (2002) , including the Oct 2003 update, does not support the TBbot commands. It can only participate passively in a multilingual chat, but cannot set any of the commands.

It can view the commands that are requested by other people on the chat line. The display is of course restricted.

Jeff

Is there an update of MSN Messenger that supports PPC v3 2002 and does not requiring upgrading to Mobile 6+ OS?

2) I have a corporate-customized version of MSN Messenger on my office computer, only allowing contacts with internal employees, so it is not possible to add mtbot alias to the contact list.

So I have to use a IM emulator application to use my non-work MSN messenger account.  Trillian Basic v3 seems to be working fine with the Tbot commands.

I’ve also been using Easy Message (v2.3.663) which seems to be an older version dating back to 2003.  It only supports the commands after a few exchanges with the other person on the chat line.

To check if there are any other Multi-IM emulators which support PPC v3 2002.  The only need here is to handle multilingual text chats, not voice or video.

I also do have MSN messenger on work Blackberry and will see if I can test that, although I do not use it due to per message use costs.

I will write up a more detailed review of the chat application combinations which work on various platforms.

As for the Haitian Creole translation via Tbot, I will begin testing it as I am the Haitian Creole expert behind the Carnegie Mellon University language data that was released on 21 Jan 2010.

141. Jeff Allen says:

oops, I signed in the middle of the text. No big deal.

142. achei muito interesante elwe deve ser otimo

143. eu sinceramente nao tedtei o tradutor trslation bot mas acho que deve ser muito bom poder ter um tradutor em tempo real sem ter que estar saindo para traduzir . foi uma exelente ideia meus parabems a todos voces .

144. hello i just want to say thank you for what you poepol did for me todayso thank you for your time

145. Svp par la grace de notre Seigneur JC que le correspondance me soit t’adressé en français.

146. traduction en français de tout le correspondance.

147. Svp si pouvez m’aider par la grace de notre Seigneur et Sauveur JC afin de passer cette etape.

148. Rogelio Gomez says:

ESTE TIPO DE PAGINAS  SON MUY BUENAS  PARA PERSONAS COMO YO QUE APENAS ENPIESA AABLAR INGLES

149. Rogelio Gomez says:

150. Ronit King says:

Thank you for your comment, I’m glad you feel that our page helps you.

Ronit King

Microsoft Translator team

151. andrew says:

can you add the sound of each word

152. jeff says:

i need translater for laos there none ion line

153. Kiemtheng says:

Wow! so grade of TBot. but how can i re-set a option o TBot to be translate with other languages?

154. Kiemtheng says:

I’d suggest to Microsoft, Please Open a TBot service in Khmer language!

155. fjw says:

Please write in Chinese, I can’t read, thank you

156. : Windows Live Messenger translation bot now available!

I’d suggest to Microsoft, Please Open a TBot service in Khmer language

157. MSDNArchive says:

da ca sa fie

158. re: Windows Live Messenger translation bot now available!

I refer to the above and would like to note that the bot and MS Translator do not have a good number of African languages in its libraries.

The same exist though in certain editions of Office and Windows with the LIPs being slowly released.

For sustainability linguistic projects should have a semblance of permanence due to the increased prevalence of technology in Africa and not periodical sparks that moves with technological trends because whatever technological leaps happen,language is still a denominator.

159. Lewis says:

J’aime le bot de traduction. Il traduit également beaucoup de langues partout dans le monde.

I can remember what it means in English.

It is: I love the translation bot. It also translates a lot of languages all over the world.

160. Lewis says:

I was pasting the other languages with the Tbot website. I am only young and seven years old.

161. Lewis says:

I am going to speak different languages. What about English?

162. luz adriana lopez giraldo says:

no se como utilizar esto para que me quede en el msn , como hago’

163. eliaskad says:

je veux pouvoir dialoguer en instantané, dans toutes les langues

164. eliaskad says:

je veux pouvoir dialoguer en plusieures langues, en instantané

165. eliaskad says:

il s’agit d’une révolution en matière de contacts à travers le monde

merci

166. eliaskad says:

bonjour;

mes remerciements

il s’agit d’une révolution en matière de communication à travers la planete

amicalement

167. glacia maria says:

eu adorei esta pagina de tradusao

168. عبادي says:

ممتاز ولكم الشكر بس كيف انزل الريبورت عندي

169. wissam says:

to understand the people what they are telling me.thx

170. ANA says:

NO ME QUEDA CLARO COMO USAR EL PROGRAMA EN MESSENGER. GRACIAS

171. MTTeam says:

Please add mtbot@hotmail.com as a contact in Messenger. Then start a conversation.

Por favor agregue mtbot@hotmail.com como contacto en el Messenger. A continuación, iniciar una conversación.

172. hamsalwejdan says:

انه شيئ جميل ورائع         وقد استفدنا منه كثيرا

173. hamsalwejdan says:

ارجوا الشرح

كيف استعماله

174. Takako Aikawa says:

أنا لا أعرف اللغة العربية.  أنا اكتب هذه، باستخدام المترجم Microsoft.  انظر: http://blogs.msdn.com/translation/archive/2008/09/02/windows-live-messenger-translation-bot-now-available.aspx

نأمل أن يكون ذلك مفيداً.

175. karena hopper says:

well this if kinda funny lol jkjkjk

176. eliminar windows live mail esta dañado y tengo problema con inisiar secion y con correo electronic de windows messenger y yahoo eliminar din windows live mail {0X8E5E0211} ELIMINAR DIN INISIAR SECION ESTA DAÑADO

177. quero se funcciona corectamente windows messenger

178. nu puedo conectarme la internet explorer

179. vivid says:

hi………i want it but i don`t know  ,how to install or use on my massenger ……..please help…!

180. vivid says:

hello,want to use or install on my massenger. guide me .

181. Takako Aikawa says:

Hi,

Go to http://wltbot.spaces.live.com/

The site will explain how to install this bot and how to use it in detail.

Thanks!

Takako

182. David Miller says:

All this time I just assumed evereybody spoke english (kidding of course).Where did you guys find out about people speaking (subversive,definitly alien)other languages.

WHY IS THIS SPACE EMTY AND WHY CAN’T ii I MAKE A CAPITOL (I) without pressing the  caps lock and shift keys simultaneously. There are a seeming unending tiny irritations in life but at least my computer won’t eat me (i’m much bigger and definitly more intelegent). That’s the ol’ bottom line on everything eh?

i definitly think this area has presented some facinating possibilitys for the freedom to be human and able to express and communicate ideas nd entties heretofore unsuspected.

183. David Miller says:

184. David Miller says:

185. peter says:

I like to translate from French to English

186. peter says:

I like to translate from French to English

187. erasmo says:

me a sorprendido la rapidez de traduccion  gracias

188. erasmo says:

Me a sorprendido agradablemente

189. espero que tenga la utilidad que yo necesito para mandar correos gracias

190. il mt bot e una cosa bellissima e resolve tanta  broblema

191. e molto bello mt bot resolve tanta problema

192. hi says:

hihi

說話嗎?

193. mr magoo says:

mi mbot no esta disponoble, q hago para conectarlo?

194. nick says:

o meu tbot está off como faço para ficar on?

195. Takako Aikawa says:

Tbot is temporarily down but it will be online soon.  Stay tuned…we'll post an announcement when Tbot is back online.  We are very sorry about the inconvenience.

196. casinocate says:

TBot is really impressive and I know it will improve even further.  I had a hard time changing pages to Google translate then back to messenger if I wanted to converse with my friend in Italian.  Seemed our friendship was doomed until I found TBot. Thing is…a day later, 24/05/10 it has gone offline and nothing I do will make it appear.  HEEEEELP!!!

197. Takako Aikawa says:

Tbot has been back online since yesterday….everyone can talk to Tbot now.  Sorry about the inconvenience yesterday.

198. gladis ortiz says:

borei el interne

199. fgdrtdr says:

conaaaaa

200. Sandra Powell says:

I need to use this service to email my old friend in the Netherlands aka Holland.  But I don't know the first thing about how to do so.  I want to type my email, read it in Dutch and edit if necessary and then Send.

201. Takako Aikawa says:

the following site explains the basics of Tbot.

blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx

202. Roberto says:

I am realizing that malicious people have already created a "Trojan" on top of TBot engine, because when you do a test with one of my contacts, to invite the robot in the same conversation window, appeared a message implying invitation to attend the webcam, with a link directing to a supposed webcam program, in fact, a Trojan to be installed and perform the infecão of the machine. Serves as alert! Cannot create anything which comes a person and a tool for harming someone? Disclose warning that the TBot original, never provides links to downloads and even it is necessary to install anything. It is only a contact for the automatic translator.

203. Romanof says:

Estou percebendo que pessoas maliciosas já criaram um "Trojan" em cima do mecanismo do TBot, porque ao fazer um teste com  um dos meus contatos, ao convidarmos o robô para fazer parte da mesma janela de conversação, apareceu uma mensagem insinuando convite para assistir a webcam, com um link direcionando para um suposto programa de webcam, na verdade, um cavalo de tróia para ser instalado e efetuar a infecão da máquina. Serve como alerta!!! Não se pode criar nada que logo vem uma pessoa e a transforma numa ferramenta para prejudicar alguém? Divulgue avisando que o TBot original, nunca oferece links para downloads e nem mesmo é necessário instalar nada. É apenas um contato para o tradutor automático.

204. ALISON says:

ALISON VIVO ACA EN CHILE HACE MUCHOS AÑOS 5467 ATRAS TE NGO AHORA 11000000TENGO ESTOY VIVA

205. miami que acompanhem ou zezinho precisa qdo Deleatur rei says:

miami que acompanhem ou zezinho precisa qdo Deleatur rei

206. boubah says:

it's great work and fantastic

207. ganidogru@hotmail.com says:

we  wants turkish and kurdish language translate..pls

208. fernando says:

Nice, but you should make TBOT more friendly & not thinking like a robot.

Thanks it's a very nice and cool job. Congratulations.! 😀

209. ابراهيم says:

جيد ولكانة يحتاج الى تطوير فى استخدام المصطلحات بشكل اوسع وواضح وشكرا على هذا المجهود رسول الترجمه

210. Semih says:

Türkçe uyumlu istiyorum.

211. Тамара says:

СПАСИБО!!! Это очень  УДОБНЫЙ  ТРАНСЛЯТОР!!!

212. Gunnarz says:

I need to know how to know the steps to take in using the translator, i have added mtbot@hotmail.com to my contact but do not know how to go from there. Please help me

213. MTTeam says:

Hi Gunnarz,

Go to blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx.

This site provides you a step-by-step explanation.  Hope that this is helpful.  Enjoy!

214. Japanese Translation says:

Thanks for your updates .I really appreciate your work to this site. I hope you can continue this kind of good work in future also..

215. needs help says:

i need a msn translator bot… please help!!

216. needs help says:

i need a msn translator bot… please help!!

Please go to http://www.microsofttranslator.com/, you'll find a link to download the MSN Translator Bot. Thanks.

217. Matthew says:

Doesn't work :-/

I just get a list of languages 1 to 30 each time.

218. MTTeam says:

The following site provides details on how to use Tbot commands.

blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx

Enjoy!

219. Matt says:

Managed to get it to work!  It's not bad at all but there does seem to be a few bugs

220. MTTeam says:

Hi Matt,

Glad that blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx helped.

Let us know what kinds of bugs you've found.

Thanks.

221. esta translator e muito importante para comunicar com outros paises para poder ler e escrever imail com toda fasilidade e bom obrigado

222. orfeo says:

c'è una traduzione ad entrambi le parti, cioè io scrivo in italiano e mi traduce in spagnolo, lei scrive in spagnolo e me lo traduce in italiano, in simultanea

223. so cool says:

hahahaha so cool this translator robot i like it

224. Asd2010 says:

كم هو لطيف وخفيف دم والاهم مفيد

225. ro says:

where i can download it!

226. MTTeam says:

Hi ro,

Just add mtbot@hotmail.com to your Messenger as your contact.

For more details, go to:

blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx

Hope that this is helpful.

Takako

227. Milagros says:

como puedo cambiar el idioma de traduccion por ejemplo si tengo mi idioma de origen es el español, mis traducciones son en ingles, pero ahora quiero que sean en aleman? porfavor necesito su ayuda

228. ana lucia says:

Não estou conseguindo conversar com um amigo italiano com o tbot e o video. è um ou outro. Gostaria de saber como faço para resolver este problema

229. MTTeam says:

Hola Milagros,

En cualquier momento de la conversación con Tbot puede escribir el comando "tbot change", el cual le ayuda a cambiar los idiomas: Primero especifica el número correspondiente al idioma original (en su caso, Español), y después el idioma al cual quiere traducir (en el caso que describe, el número para Alemán). Para mayor información sobre Tbot, vea esta página: blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx.

The Microsoft Translator Team

230. MTTeam says:

Prezado Ana Lucia!

O TBot ainda não suporta o modo vídeo no Messenger, nosso tradutor só funciona com texto. No entanto, você pode abrir uma conversa de vídeo e outra conversa separada de texto com o TBot ao mesmo tempo.

Obrigado,

Time de Tradução Automatizada

231. adam says:

i like tbot!

232. Iris Maria says:

Meu tradutor tbot está traduzindo par de idiomas portugues/lituano…quero portugues/ingles…como faço para mudar? obrigada!

233. MTTeam says:

Hi Iris,

Please go to blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx

This site explains how to change the language pairs.  Hope that this helpful.

(Por favor, vá para blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx

Este site explica como alterar os pares de idiomas.  Obrigado!)

Microsoft Translator team

234. amber says:

how to use it

235. MISS ZHAO says:

HELLO BODY

236. MTTeam says:

Hi Miss Zhao,

Take a look at: blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx

This page provides you step-by-step explanations.  Hope this is helpful.

Takako

237. Hola says:

al digitar TBot…me sale lo siguiente

1  TBot lang – Affichez la paire de langues actuelle

2  TBot change – Sélectionnez les langues de traduction

3  TBot stop – Arrêtez les traductions

4  TBot start – Recommencez les traductions

5  TBot set – Définissez votre langue par défaut

6  TBot detect – Détecter la langue utilisée dans le texte saisi

7  TBot ? – Affichez cette liste de commandes

pero al digitar 2 para cambiar el lenguaje no hace nada… como puedo cambiar el lenguaje??

gracias

238. MTTeam says:

Hola,

blogs.msdn.com/…/tbot.aspx

Sí, el cambio de Tbot es el comando para cambiar los idiomas de traducción.  Tiene que seleccionar el origen y los idiomas de destino aquí, sin embargo.  Para obtener más información, eche un vistazo en el sitio anterior, pagando attentings # 3.

Espero que esto sea útil.  Gracias por usar Tbot.  –Takako

239. Isam Abueisheh says:

Realy the world became small village with this…..!!!

240. gladiateur says:

j ai essayee avec ce machin

241. Ghena says:

Thank it is amazing and help us so much

242. chanita says:

me parese marabilloso contar con bot traduccion  mucha gracias

243. gustavo says:

quiero que cuando escriba el texto se combierta en ingles, y que al resivir un mensaje en ingles lo tradusca automaticamente a español gracias por su apollo

244. MTTeam says:

gustavo

Gracias por su comentario.

Ronit

– Microsoft Translator team

245. john L says:

its  fantastic  idea just needs to be made  a little more easier to change languages

246. MTTeam says:

Hi John,

Thank you for using Tbot.  Please check:

blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx.

This blog site explains more details on Tbot commands.

Thanks again for using our Tbot!

Takako

247. toni says:

the fuking robot is not changing the langauge

any help?

248. MTTeam says:

Hi Toni,

Please go to: blogs.msdn.com/…/tbot.aspx

This site explains some details on how to change your languages.

Hope that this is helpful.  —Takako

249. وسيم الغيث says:

هذا المترجم رائع جدا وشكرا جزيلا لكم

250. MTTeam says:

وسيم الغيث

شكرا لك على التعليق وشكرا لاستخدامك لدينا مترجم.

Thank you.  Takako

251. valdice says:

como faço pra abaixar?

252. Busalman says:

برنامج رائع جدا

مما سيزيد لدي من اصدقاء جدد يمكنني التواصل معهم وبأي لغة كانت

تحياتي

253. MTTeam says:

Hi Busalman,

شكرا لكم على تعليقاتكم. عظيم أن نسمع أن كنت تزايد أصدقائك باستخدام مترجم لدينا. شكرا.

Takako

254. MTTeam says:

Hi valdice,

I don't know French well but I am guessing that you're asking: "How to download Tbot".

Please visit the following site.

blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx

Hope that this is helpful.  Thank you.  Takako

255. Eric Volcke says:

Was working nice yesterday, today all day offline ?

256. MTTeam says:

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the notification.  We are currently working to bring Tbot back online.  As soon as it is active again, we will post a notice here.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Translator Team

257. cristigo05@hotmail.com says:

Mi Tbot aparece desconectado y asi no puedo traducir nada? Espero respuesta pronto.

258. Scott King says:

Why has Tbot not been working for 2 days.  It shows offline when will it be back up.

259. Scott King says:

Is there a time frame for tbot to come back online has not been working for last 2 days.  This is a life line for me when talking with my family in Mexico.  Thank You

260. MTTeam says:

@Scott King: Scott, the engineering team is working very hard to fix the issue. There was a change in the behavior of the messenger service that the Bot depends on which caused the bot to stop working. We are working with the messenger team to get this resolved. We will keep posting updates on the forum (go.microsoft.com). Please stay tuned!

-Vikram Dendi, Group Product Manager, Microsoft Translator

261. MTTeam says:

Update (Feb 4, 2011 – 7:45 PM PST): Tbot is back online and fully functional. Please report in the forum (go.microsoft.com) if you see any further issues. Thanks for your patience!

262. Mimi says:

This looks really nice! I wish I knew how to get it.

263. MTTeam says:

Hi Mimi,

Go to: blogs.msdn.com/…/tbot.aspx

This site explains some details on how to install/use Tbot.

Let us know if any questions.  Thank you for using Tbot!

Takako (Microsoft Translator Team)

264. carlos says:

muy bueno pero com selecciono el idioma gracias

265. what no serbia says:

■Portuguese

■Russian

■Spanish

■Swedish

■Thai

266. MTTeam says:

@carlos: Type TBot Change to set the languages. Type TBot ? to get a list of TBot's commands.

Escriba Tbot Change para establecer los idiomas. Escriba TBot ? para obtener una lista de comandos.

Chris Wendt

Microsoft Translator

267. MTTeam says:

@whatnoserbia: We are always looking for material allowing us to expand the language list. When we have Serbian, you'll read abouty it right here.

268. fabiokaua@hotmail.com says:

olha so tem um defeito aqui pois quando eu estou usando ele sai do idioma que eu escolhi para traduzir e como faz para chama outra pessoal para entra na conversa sera que vai traduzir também o do meu amigo também.

269. MTTeam says:

Hi Fabiokaua,

Prezado usuário! Ao escolher os  idiomas de origem e destino para tradução, Tbot irá lembrar suas escolhas. Quando você adicionar um amigo para a sua conversa, Tbot usará os idiomas que você escolheu anteriormente. Você também pode adicionar o Tbot para um conversa e mudar os idiomas de tradução digitando o comando “tbot change”.

Espero que tenha respondido a sua pergunta. Obrigado por usar Tbot!

Time de Tradução da Microsoft

270. francois.colin70@sfr.fr says:

je desir avoire la langue taillandaise

271. MTTeam says:

Hello Francois,

Microsoft Translator et TBot peuvent se traduire d'et à la langue thaïe.

Chris Wendt

Microsoft Translator

272. The Machine Translation Team says:
    Eres muy Bienvenido!
  273. semih kıralan says:

is this robot  convenient for to use for xp??

274. Dasy Dong says:

very good,

275. alanstebbins@live.com says:

I have added tbot to my contact list, it will not work, and i can't added it to my webcam, I do not know what I'm doing wrong, can anyone help me

276. zeko says:

How do I change the language of the translation

277. MTTeam says:

Hi Zeko,

please use TBOT CHANGE to set thge languages to translate from and to.

Chris Wendt

Microsoft Translator

278. P.Bothmer says:

is there any Philipino translation free to english

279. ALBERTO says:

QUISIERA PROBARLO

280. Kirk says:

Just tried it for Portuguese.

It is fantastic!

Thank you so much!!!!!

281. Jean says:

Can I add Tbot to my blog is it compatible for use with Yahoo Messenger?

282. ghassan says:

مرحباهذا البرنامج جيد جدا

283. MarkG says:

Is there any way to get T-Bot to work across other platforms?

284. edgar says:

exelente herramienta para trabajar gracias

285. Hector Rubio says:

It's a wonderful tool on this worldwide's time society

286. Gisa says:

Meu Mtbot está offline, o que devo fazer?

287. Marcela kirino says:

gostaria de saber porque ele fica off quase o tempo todo.

agora não  fica mais online.

porque?

ajude-me

288. MTTeam says:

Tbot is back.  Try it now.  Sorry about the inconvenience….Takako (Microsoft Translator Team)

289. cristine clark i want russian translated in to english can you help says:

can you help now

290. MS says:

How do I invite a friend to mtbot with me?

291. Ian says:

Whats going on with Tbot< no explanation is available!!!!!

292. MTTeam says:

Hi Ian,

Please visit: blogs.msdn.com/…/bot.aspx.

The step-by-step explanation is available there.  Thanks.  Takako (Microsoft Translator Team)

293. Sheny Samayoa56@g mail.com' says:

Es excelente esteTraductor estoy satisfecha!