Sudoku code now available!

I’m happy to announce that the code for Microsoft Sudoku for the Tablet PC and Ultra-Mobile PC is now available for download at:

Note that the download includes the compiled app, so you can download and start playing right now.

The article I wrote to accompany the code should be available online shortly. I’ll post again when it’s online.

Enjoy!!

1. toub says:

I’m being told the article will be online tomorrow… stay tuned…

2. Roy says:

I just wanted to say that it’s cool that Microsoft is releasing this code.

Thanks for the update.

3. toub says:

You’re welcome.  I hope you enjoy it!

4. Eric says:

Very nice!    I was able to get this to work on Windows 2K/XP with only a couple changes.   I am working on getting a version of this to work on my Smartphone also.

5. toub says:

Eric, that’s excellent.  If you have a blog, it’d be great if you could post what changes were necessary so that others can follow in your footsteps.  And when you get it running on the smartphone, a screenshot would be great.  One of my goals of getting the code posted to MSDN and of writing the article was that people would do exactly what you’re doing.

6. I’ve been studying this code on and off for some time now, and I’m starting to try to figure out how to port it to Microsoft Visual FoxPro. If I manage it, am I allowed to post the code in turn, or is there a "No Derivatives" clause in that legalese? If so, would short comparisons on my blog come under fair use? (I know, you’re not a lawyer, you can’t answer the question — but I had to ask. 🙂 )

7. Stephen Toub says:

I believe what you want to do is no problem, as long as you don’t try to sell the port and things like that.  But like you say, I’m no lawyer 🙂

8. Oh, well, there goes my weekend. 🙂 Thanks!

9. Oh, well, there goes my weekend. 🙂

Thanks!

10. makzo says:

can anyone who knows the code please help with it.an e-mail will be apprciated.thanx.

11. Nick says:

can anybody write sudoku solving code in prolog.I will pay 20 pounds for just one code.If you are interested please contact me at    nikolacvetkovic@hotmail.com

it is very urgent