I thought Jeff Mealiffe did a nice job on this Exchange Server presentation that he gave at TechEd: An Inside View of Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP2 was recently posted on Channel 9.
He covers the following:
- OWA mini for mobile browsers
- Hybrid Configuration Wizard - a lot of interest among customers in having a segment of their user population in the cloud.
- Address book Policies (ABPs) - enable you to achieve GAL segmentation. Goes into great detail about how these work.
- Tips for deploying a multi-tenant solution
- OWA cross-site silent redirection - Removing the need for users to have to log in twice. Discusses how to enable it.
- Update Rollup 3
- Recoverable items store 2.0 - Used by compliance and discovery. Storing versions of deleted content.
Last Friday I listened to another good TechEd presentation, from Scott Schnoll - Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP2 Tips & Tricks.
A few highlights:
"Top Ten tools"
+ Calendar checking tool (CalCheck)
+ Exchange Client Network Bandwidth Calculator - Predicts bandwidth needs for a specific set of clients.
+ Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator - Ensures appropriate sizing of the mailbox server role.
+ Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer (ExRCA)
+ Outlook Configuration Analyzer tool (OCAT) - Analyzes Outlook profiles.
+ Microsoft Exchange PST capture - Discovers and imports PST files into Exchange Server or Exchange Online.
+ Exchange Server Deployment Assistant (ExDeploy) - Generates custom instructions for moving your organization to Exchange 2010 or Office 365.
+ Active Directory topology mapper
+ Outlook Anywhere - Newer network devices have shorter timeouts - can cause messages to be stuck in an outbox.
+ Split permissions and SCOM Management pack
+ Enable logging for RPC client-access throttling
+ Wiped device can access a mailbox
+ Exchange Active Sync and Windows Phone 7.x
+ Disable mailbox auto-mapping in Outlook
+ Sync Active Directory and the Information Store
+ Free script repository for Exchange 2010
+ Exchange server 2010 architecture report