It appears that Team AcidRain's achievement at the 2008 Imagine Cup Finals in Paris has caught the imagination. The team, which hails from NUI Maynooth, has created a means of enabling diesel engines to use vegetable oil. They finished second in the embedded technology competition at the Imagine Cup.
Here's just a selection of the reactions and stories so far:
- Maynooth do it again at Imagine Cup (Karlin Lillington)
- Maynooth finish second in Imagine Cup (Electric News)
- NUI Students Take Top Prize (The Irish Times)
- Silver for Maynooth Students in Microsoft Imagine Cup 2008 (Silicon Republic)
- Sunflowers power Irish bright sparks (Irish Independent)
Well done again to Aodhan, Brian and Karl!