Hot on the heels of last month’s public Beta 2 release, we’ve released a June 2006 CTP for the Windows SDK. Note that this build of the Windows SDK is to be used with the following:
- Windows Vista (Build 5456), Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003
- [For managed code development or the running of .NET Framework 3.0 apps] .NET Framework 3.0 Runtime – June CTP
Important NotesWhile we all like to play with the latest and greatest, there are quite a few moving parts to the whole Windows Vista/Windows SDK/.NET Framework 3.0 combination. Therefore, please read the following to ensure that you take everything into account before downloading and installing the latest SDK – and as always with beta and CTP software, we highly recommended only installing on a non-production, clean machine.
- As noted, this CTP is intended for users of Windows Vista build 5456 and the .NET Framework 3.0 Runtime June CTP. This CTP contains updates for native Win32 developers, including improvements to documentation and samples.
- This build is not supported for users running the Windows Vista Beta 2 for .NET Framework 3.0 development, but it will work for native Win32 applications on Windows Vista Beta 2.
- If you are using Windows Vista Beta 2 for .NET Framework 3.0 development, we recommend that you do not install this version of the SDK and instead use the Windows SDK Beta 2 release. The .NET Framework 3.0 June CTP runtime is a later version than the one that ships with Windows Vista Beta 2, and code that uses the .NET Framework 3.0 will not work with this CTP.
- Finally, refer to the ReadMe file for more information on known issues.