Not a huge release this one, but we've just shipped an update for Silverlight 2 that fixes a number of minor bugs that have been reported over the last couple of months.
Get it while it's hot, here:
Note that the developer tools page may have an old date/timestamp on it still, but the binary is the new updated version. You have the GDR1 if your Silverlight version is 2.0.40115.0 (the original Silverlight 2 version was 2.0.31005.0).
Here is a list of the main changes in the GDR (build 2.0.40115.0):
- Fixes problems that were caused by Silverlight and McAfee scanning tools interactions
- UI automation stability fixes, including:
- graceful failures when attempting to use features that require .NET Framework 3.0 or 3.5 on machines that do not have either framework installed
- improved Tablet support
- Fixes an issue that arises when Mac users customize their environment by removing Arial and Verdana fonts
- Fixes a known issue with Isolated Storage IncreaseQuotaTo method (see this post for more information)
It's also worth highlighting Tim Heuer's blog entry on the topic, which adds some good information about how to force users visiting your site to upgrade to the latest build if you're relying on one of the above fixes for your application.