50 New Silverlight Screencasts – Short and Snappy

I haven’t seen these training videos receive nearly the coverage they deserve, so I wanted to try and “bump” them onto the radar.

Silverlight 2 Screencasts My erstwhile UK colleagues Mike Taulty and Mike Ormond have been hard at work over the last few weeks recording an amazing series of Silverlight 2 training screencasts. All free for the taking, these fifty videos provide a comprehensive guide to all matters Silverlight: from basic topics such as layout, controls, data binding, and styling to advanced topics like sockets, cross-domain requests, multi-threading and HTML interop. If even that’s not enough, there are some great tips and tricks that go beyond the documentation: loading assemblies dynamically, embedding fonts and creating custom splash screens.

Many screencasts are too long or too ponderous – they don’t suit the rapid-fire medium of the Internet. These are all short – mostly just a couple of minutes in length, and they’re well edited to remove anything extraneous. Highly recommended – please produce some more, Mike and Mike!

Check them out here: http://www.silverlightscreencasts.com. Oh, and of course, you’ll need Silverlight 2 Beta 1 to watch them!

1. Anonymous says:

I tried to open videos, but the sight is throwing exceptions

Is this something specific to my box or the site is currently not working?

Thanks,

Nikola

2. Anonymous says:

Wow! Buckets of content!

I had my first formal taste of XAML in 2003 at the Orlando launch of Visual Studio. I saw it during the demo of the XAML upgrade of the North Face eCommerce site. I grasped the potential right away but never could have foreseen that Microsoft would give us a multimedia publishing environment which provides access to the language’s full power. Something else!

3. BenHayat says:

Tim, Mike [Taulty] is unbelievable. He is one of the best and smartest presenters I have seen. Although, he goes way too fast at some critical points, but you can always watch it again. This guy amazes me, how well he knows .Net. Anything he covers, he knows it inside out. I highly recommend all his videos. Oh, don’t forget his LINQ videos.

Hopefully he will do the same for SL and Astoria!

..Ben

4. adefwebserver says:

To call these presentations incrediable is an understatement. I was only interested in the "Hard Stuff" (Sockets and dynamically loading assemblies) and he got it down to 10 minutes. And yes he is a world class programmer.

5. Anonymous says:

You’ve been kicked (a good thing) – Trackback from DotNetKicks.com

6. Anonymous says:

Tim, these are amazing, just the thing for a simple geek like myself. Congrats to the Mikes’ too for presenting these in a world class fashion.

7. Anonymous says:

8. Anonymous says:

http://www.miketaulty.com/SLVideos.html throws exception if you have Silverlight beta 2 installed . Exception: Failed to load the application. It was build with obsolete version of silverlight.

9. Anonymous says:

Co-Workers Mark Bosley is finding out that Reflector is the Swiss Knife of Workflow programming Meanwhile, resident Neuron genius David Pallmann goes through the story of being " Licensed to WSDL " 🙂 Computer Languages/Functional Languages/IronRuby