Along with the 1.0 RC1 release, we've also refreshed the 1.1 bits. We've not exposed any significant changes in the .NET extensions, but the 1.1 "alpha refresh" includes the same core runtime as 1.0 RC1. A note on installation: if you have the beta release on your machine, there's no need to uninstall - simply run the RC1 installer and it will overwrite the existing binaries on your machine.
Here's the runtime itself:
- Silverlight 1.0 RC1 / Windows
- Silverlight 1.0 RC1 / Mac
- Silverlight 1.1 Alpha Refresh / Windows
- Silverlight 1.1 Alpha Refresh / Mac
Some tools for building Silverlight applications:
- Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2
- Visual Studio Extensions for Silverlight
- Silverlight 1.0 SDK / Silverlight 1.1 SDK
- ASP.NET Futures CTP
- Expression Blend August Preview
- Expression Media Encoder Template Updater
Inevitably (given that this release isn't 100% compatible with the previous one, particularly as regards the object activation model), a lot of the samples out there today are broken. We've worked with a few folk that we know to help them prepare for this release, but if you have a Silverlight sample or site out there today based on the existing beta release, you'll want to pick up the new silverlight.js and work through the breaking changes to move your site up to the new release. We won't break you again, we promise!