From A to Z… 50 Silverlight Applications

It’s great to see so many Silverlight-based widgets, samples, demos and applications appearing out there. I spent a happy hour this morning searching around the Internet for examples and samples, and thought I’d aggregate the fruits of my research below.

If you’ve just installed Silverlight on your machine and want to see it “do” something, click around the fifty links below to explore. Some of these samples require the Silverlight 1.1 alpha release (Windows install / Mac install), so if you get an error, try installing the 1.1 release. (Incidentally, the 1.1 alpha release contains the 1.0 beta bits, so you just need to install from the link above and you’re good to go.)

2D Physics Simulation Grand Piano Silverlight Mind Map
Disco Dance Floor Reflecting Graph Windows Journal-to-Silverlight Converter
Dr Greenthumb Reflector for Silverlight Windows Vista Simulator
Dr Popper Roxio Buzz XamlWebPad
GlyphMap Sierpinski Triangle XPS Viewer
GOA WinForms Demo Silverlight Airlines Demo Zero Gravity
Gradient Animations Silverlight Chess Game Replay

I should probably just add the disclaimer that since these are hosted on a variety of external servers, it’s almost guaranteed that some of the links will be broken at any given time. Have fun!

1. מ- A עד Z עם עוד כמה מספרים בדרך… חלקן אפליקציות מוכרות יותר וחלקן פחות… האמת שאני רק ה- Middle Man,

2. Mihailik says:

Tim, could you tell a brief story about Silverlight and caching.

Does Silverlight has its own cache (for images, videos and XAML stuff) or it reuses browser cache? What are consecuences, limitations of the caching?

And related question — is there a way to ‘save’ XAML Silverlight page as it is possible with HTML web pages? Can the whole Silverlight page+resources be embedded in MHTML format, as it is possible with HTML web pages?

And thanks a lot for your big work helping others understand the stuff!

3. Man about town, Tim Sneath recent post From A to Z… 50 Silverlight Applications listed a nifty 50 Silverlight-based

4. Man about town, Tim Sneath 's recent post From A to Z… 50 Silverlight Applications listed a nifty

5. In my experience, many corporate developers by day are actually gamers by night (after putting the kids

6. Tim Sneath summarized a list of 50 Silverlight Apps. Here is the list. 2D Physics Simulation Grand Piano

7. Tim Sneath summarized a list of 50 Silverlight Apps. Here is the list. 2D Physics Simulation Grand Piano

8. ericpanorel says:

Inspired by this MIX video presentation (http://silverlight.net/learn/learnvideo.aspx?video=148) , I decided to give silverlight a shot. I created a primitive catalog system. Navigation menu is dynamically generated, via webservice call, then instantiating menu items as buttons. Product photos, and product information are downloaded as well via web service call. Check out this page: http://www.flowers-for-you.com.my/catalog2.aspx . I am artistically handicapped though 🙁 … and it is still a WIP.

9. I will be in the Atlanta, GA area this week, and dropping by Monday night to do a quick Silverlight Overview.

10. I will be in the Atlanta, GA area this week, and dropping by Monday night to do a quick Silverlight Overview

11. Samiq says:

Hi Tim, just wanted to ping you back with our first Public Silverlight approach, I did this with the help of a designer/animator in 2 days for a Microsoft Event targeted to Latin America, it actually is an official branded site for Schematic where we wanted to test the ground with Silverlight for the event, check it out 🙂

12. Tim Sneath has a nice roll of 50 example Silverlight applications that are currently out there.

13. Silverlight 関連の情報を漁っているとやっぱり外国のサイトの方が面白い情報が出ていたりします。 既に知っているでしょうが、再度 Silverlight の公式ページの URL を。。。 http://silverlight.net/

14. alex# says:

Vous aimez Silverlight et vous voulez le démontrer mais vous n’avez pas le temps de réaliser une maquette

15. You’ve been kicked (a good thing) – Trackback from DotNetKicks.com

16. Tim Sneath has posted 50 Silverlight Applications from Digger to a Comic Book Viewer to a XPS Viewer.

17. The Distributed Observer Pattern | The REST Dialogues [Via: (author unknown) ] PainlessSVN – Subversion…

18. Some really cool Silverlight apps/demos highlighted by Tim : If you’ve just installed Silverlight on

19. Samiq says:

Here is my first Silverlight public approach, this was as part of the Microsoft Expert Zone Latin America where the company I work for (schematic) was Platinum Sponsor.

20. Some really cool Silverlight apps/demos highlighted by Tim : If you've just installed Silverlight

21. jackbond says:

Appreciate it if you could add ours to the list:

Khet – Chess like strategy game

Thanks

22. I'm amazed at the work Tim put into this list – absolutely brilliant! bookmarking his post is a must

23. Mykres Space says:

24. Silverlight Newbie says:

The Silverlight demo seems real nice.  Is there any info about how it’s constructed?

25. Here’s another one:

An animator showing how various 3D shapes are assembled:

(There a link to the source at the bottom if you’re curious)

26. In rete iniziamo a vedere una serie abbastanza nutrita di applicazioni Silverlight, per chi se lo fosse

27. Here is a nice list of 50 Silverlight Applications gathered by Tim Sneath. Try them out at your coffee

28. Here is a nice list of 50 Silverlight Applications gathered by Tim Sneath. Try them out at your coffee

29. JamesHollister says:

My company put together a Silverlight demo which is an online version of a board game called Khet.  Trying to get some people to take a look at what we’ve done and give us some feedback, check it out at http://www.AscendingIntegration.com/KhetDemo .  You can also read more about it on our blog posts:  http://jackbond.spaces.live.com/ and http://www.JamesHollister.com

30. vasudev says:

Silverlight is spreading and becoming more and more popular. Now even games have been written based on Silverlight. I came across this post from Tim Sneath, From A to Z… 50 Silverlight Applications……

31. TwitterDev says:

Another one.. http://www.twitterearth.com.au/SL

Really cool.. silverlight twitter viewing

32. Tim Sneath spent a happy hour searching around the Internet for examples and samples of Silverlight.

33. Microsoft Silverlight Confira uma lista de 50 aplicações selecionadas baseadas no Silverlight. Caso ainda

34. Confira uma lista de 50 aplicações selecionadas baseadas no Silverlight. Caso ainda não conheça pode

35. Posting Silverlight content back to server says:

What good is a rich application, if it can’t be pushed back to the server as content…

More on this problem…

36. Pavel Savara says:

My small contribution, tribute to Ant Attack

37. Bayar says:

Very nice list. Thanks for effort.

PS: added your link in my blog.

38. I just discovered Tim Sneath’s great compilation of 50 Silverlight -based widgets, samples, demos and

39. A great post by Tim Sneath holding no less than 50 Silverlight applications. All in one! 🙂 Link

40. Silverlight is cool. It has great potential. It’s made a lot of noise, and I can’t wait for the 1.0 RTM

41. Silverlight is cool. It has great potential. It's made a lot of noise, and I can't wait for the

42. According to Microsoft’s website, Silverlight is; “A cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering

43. Tim Sneath postou em seu blog 50 aplicações baseadas no Silverlight o que é uma chance, ou melhor, são

44. The last weeks I was a little bit busy because of some projects and other work I had to do at home. But

45. small_mountain says:

How’s come all these silverlight samples that require the RC version can’t seem to tell that I installed it?  I tried "Silverlight Rocks", which told me to install, so I did and rebooted.  I went back there and it still tells me I need to install it.

46. what a joke says:

Silverlight is a joke. What is this—1994?

47. Over the next few weeks I am going to start looking at Silverlight. But for starters I cam across the following post that gives us 50 examples of different silverlight examples. http://blogs.msdn.com/tims/archive/2007/07/07/from-a-to-z-50-silverlight-applications.aspx

48. Tim Sneath has a nice roll of 50 example Silverlight applications that are currently out there.