As most of you must have notice, Windows 8 has been introduced during the Microsoft build conference.
Microsoft Build introduces many new features:
- Windows 8
- Metro interface for touch screens
- ARM support
- New faster boot system and touchable boot selector
- Hyper-V allowing users to manage multiple virtual computers on a Windows 8 Operating System
- Possibility to read ISO and VHD files from Windows Explorer
- New Windows Explorer ribbon interface
- New copies management
- .NET Framework 4.5 and Visual Studio 11
During this conference, Microsoft distributed a Preview for Developer build of Windows 8 which main objective is to allow developers to start developing Metro style applications.
In this build, Microsoft disabled the start menu, but don't worry, here is the solution to get the old Windows 7 start bar allowing for example to start IIS without using the command prompt!
- Open regedit from the command line
- Find the key entry : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RPEnabled
- Change the value from 1 to 0
If you want to know more about windows 8, take a look to the official website.