Microsoft BizSpark is a program to support entrepreneurship and help independent developers and startups grow their business. BizSpark provides access to leading technology products, business and technical support, and market visibility. There is a lot of risk and costs associated with developing software for public consumption and Microsoft is here to help reduce that risk with the BizSpark program.
If you are interested in joining, or have questions about BizSpark benefits, or want to talk about if you qualify, then grab one of my office hours slots and lets talk about it!
- 06/03/2014: 4 slots (20 minutes each) starting at 9:00 AM CDT
- 06/06/2014: 5 slots (20 minutes each) starting at 2:00 PM CDT
- 06/09/2014: 5 slots (20 minutes each) starting at 12:00 (Noon) CDT
- 06/13/2014: 5 slots (20 minutes each) starting at 12:00 (Noon) CDT
- More than 50,000 startups from over 100 countries are enrolled in the program. The program was founded in November 2008.
- The three-year program provides startups with access to a global community of advisors, investors and partners as well as Microsoft software and services.
- More than 1500 BizSpark Network Partners assist startups through financial and legal assistance, mentoring, networking and business advice.
- Thirty-five percent of these members are in the U.S., with the remainder based internationally.
How to Participate
- To qualify, startups must be less than five years old, be privately held, have less than $1 million (U.S.) in revenue and be developing software.
- At the end of three years, companies graduate, retaining perpetual licenses to all the software used while in the program and significant discounts on support and new software.
- Software. Members receive immediate access to current, full-featured Microsoft software development tools, platform technologies and server products to build software applications. BizSpark members also get monthly Windows Azure benefits enabling them to quickly build, deploy and manage web applications. The three-year program provides startups with access to a global community of advisors, investors and partners as well as Microsoft software and services.
- Support. Startups become part of the BizSpark ecosystem and get access to world-class mentors, potential investors, clients, advisors, partners and valuable offers to help run their business. Startups also get access to technical, product and business training & support. Thirty-five percent of these members are in the U.S., with the remainder based internationally.
- Microsoft BizSpark Partner Network. To help early-stage technology startups, BizSpark enables access to a community of more than 1500 partners around the world — all involved in supporting entrepreneurship by providing mentoring, advice, investment, training, marketing and services. Some partners include Startup America Partnership LLC, Startup Weekend, Founder Institute Inc., DEMO, TechStars, SVForum, Seedcamp, RocketSpace Inc., 500 Startups and many more. More details can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/Partners/Default.aspx.
- BizSpark Alumni. Graduates retain perpetual licenses to all the software used while in the BizSpark program and significant discounts on support, cloud access and new versions of software.
If you are interested in BizSpark then please contact me because I can pre-qualify you and help you get the most out of your benefits!