- We announced a preview of temporal tables in Azure SQL Database which allows you to track the full history of changes.
- We announced that Azure Automation will retire from the classic portal in early March 2016
- Jeff Hollan announced an improved designer, managed APIs connections and native webhook support for Azure Logic Apps
- James Osborne announced the Visual Studio Connected Service for Azure IoT Hub extension for Visual Studio
- Andrew Hoh announced filtering in document explorer and executing stored procedures from the Azure Portal for DocumentDB
- Sarah Fender announced many new thigs in Azure Security Center which includes: new integrated partners, advanced threat detection capabilities, centralized security management
- Mike Gresley announced the availability of PowerShell scripts which help you create release annotations in Application Insights
- Thomas Shinder announced an update to the Microsoft Cloud Red Team White Paper
If you want your blog post listed here, please let us know on Twitter: @thisweekinazure
- Using Azure Container Service (ACS) on Azure from Simplifying Azure
- Retrieving Resource Metrics via the Azure Insights API from Cloud Solution Architect
- Azure Automation Runbooks with Azure AD Service Principals and Custom RBAC Roles from kloud
- Azure Site Recovery for VMare - Current State from operationsmanagementsuite.org
- My Early Experience With Azure Backup Server from Aidan Finn, IT Pro
- Retrieving Resource Metrics and Creating Alert Rules via Azure PowerShell from Cloud Solution Architect
- Add Azure ARM Virtual Machine to OMS With VM Extension Through Powershell from operationsmanagementsuite.org
- Ocean Informatics (Professional Services from Australia) has found that Azure offers flexibility, especially for training, Disaster Recovery, and testing environment.
- TeamViewer (Professional Services from Germany) has chosen Microsoft Azure as standard cloud platform throughout the company.
- Saab (Discrete Manufacturing from Sweden) turns to Azure to ensure rapid deployment of its SAFE security platform to protect customer data.
- GE Healthcare (Health from the United Kingdom) has decided to deploy multiple applications on Microsoft Azure.
- Otsuka Corporation (IT Services from Japan) has incorporated licensing for Azure, and Azure customers can take advantage of pay-as-you-go billing.
- Khara (Anime Production Studio from Japan) has solved their website infrastructure concerns with Microsoft Azure.
- Wijkracht (Health from Netherlands) has chosen Azure Active Directory to connect better with the community.
- Codit (Professional Services from Belgium) stores about 100 gigabytes of data in Azure.
If you want your event listed here, please let us know on Twitter: @thisweekinazure
- Multiple dates and places – Microsoft Cloud Roadshow
- Multiple dates and places – Microsoft Azure Tour
- March 9th – AzureDay Poland
- March 30th – BUILD 2016
- April 16th – Global Azure Bootcamp
- September 26 – Microsoft Ignite 2016
Tomek & Mirek
P.S. If you work with Azure, READ THIS ARTICLE. Trust us. Azure AD Mailbag: Azure Subscriptions and Azure AD.