Filming the next episode

We will be posting the “Indigo” episode shortly, we are just adding the final touches to the transcript and file organization.

On Friday, March 5th, we will be filming the “WinFS” episode. In this episode we will be talking with Quentin Clark, Anil Nori, and Mike Deem about some of the details, features, and core benefits of the new file system that will be part of Longhorn. Jeremy Mazner has already asked folks for feedback on what sorts of things they’d like us to cover on this episode, but feel free to provide us any additional feedback in the comments section here.

-Robert Hess

1. Cool… Indigo is a very interesting topic. Please tell us when it’s ready for downloading. 😉

Btw, your show is great, and getting a blog was a very, very good idea. Keep up the good work. 😀

2. Richard Bushnell says:

Excellent idea to start a blog. The shows are great. I’ve watched every one of them. And I think it’s a fabulous idea to build up to the show by letting us know what’s going into it.

Indigo looks like it’s going to solve a lot of the problems we face with communication in distributed apps. We’re all trying to spend as little time as possible implementing the things which Indigo seems to be covering. Hopefully the show will give us more information about what Indigo is actually going to do for us.

Consider me subscribed!

3. Noocyte says:

On the WinFS show I’d love to see some examples of what Microsoft think it’ll be used for. What are the ‘silver-bullet’ use for WinFS ?

And, not to forget, lets have some indepth info on what actually goes on behind the scene;

– How well is the actual folder/file structure hidden ?

– What happens when I need to add a new HD ?

And will MS (finally) address the issue of ‘recognize a file on type and not on extension’ ? IE. windows should know that a plain/text file (readme) is just a text file and open it in a Text Editor(tm)…

4. Dax Pandhi says:

I guess this is not as much about the WinFS part of the show, but the Diversionary Tactics for that episode. I know MANY people have been dying to see videos of Longhorn. As you can imagine, only a fraction of developers got to see it all at the PDC. Why not start with the ‘Aero Rocks’ video. Paul Thurrott gave a cool preview, why don’t you guys blow our minds with a cool hi-res version of it!!

GREAT SHOW! GREAT WORK! ALL HAIL THE .NET SHOW!!!

5. JETFTGY says:

6. gusitafu says:

GREAT SHOW! GREAT WORK! ALL HAIL THE .NET SHOW!!!

7. Stay up to date on platform technologies from Microsoft

I do not agree. Go to http://warszawa-hotele.w.interia.pl

8. Hotel Rooms says:

Stay up to date on platform technologies from Microsoft

I do not agree. Go to http://www.aplushotels.info

9. Stay up to date on platform technologies from Microsoft

I do not agree. Go to http://www.greatjobz.info/bronchi_Germany/invulnerability_Bavaria%20(Bayern)/dobbin_Munich_1.html