Even though it’s advisable to use a domain account as the service account for TFS and Sharepoint, in some rare cases there may be a need to use the system account – Network Service as the service account for running Sharepoint/TFS.
The following blog will be useful only in the following scenario
· TFS service account – network service
· Sharepoint Service account – network service
· Sharepoint farm is Remote – not on the same server as TFS
We need the following permissions
· Sharepoint Server – log on account must be a farm admin, sys admin on the SQL that’s hosting the sharepoint databases (or atleast db owner for the sharepoint databases)
· TFS Server – log on account must be a TFS administrator
· Install and Configure the TFS extensions on the SharePoint machine
· Add the Network Service account of TFS machine to the sharepoint farm administrator group. The format would be <domain>\<tfs-server name>$
· After this we will need to add the sharepoint service account to the TFS group – SharePoint web application services using the TFS admin console.
In the above dialog box click on the object types and select the computers options.
· The next step would be to grant permissions for TFS in the Sharepoint Extensions for TFS
· After this add the granted web application to the list of Sharepoint web applications on the TFS admin console
Content Created By: Venkata Narasimhan A
Content Reviewed By: Lakhminder Singh