One of the toughest things for a small business owner is to get their name out there and create a good reputation. If you have a new startup, you need to find ways to create brand awareness. You want people to know about you and your business, so you need to come up with ways to make that happen. Then, you need to keep the momentum going, because building your brand is not something you only do in the beginning. You need to continue with branding for the entire life of your business. Today we are going to take a look at seven things you can do to build brand awareness for your startup.
1) Know Your Target Market – One of the first things you need to do is figure out who you are marketing your brand to. Every business has a specific target market, or ideal customers. These are the people who you are going to need to reach out to and promote your brand. Once you know who your ideal customers are, you will be able to figure out ways to connect with them.
2) Connect on Social Media – Now that you have figured out who your target audience is, it is time to start connecting with them. Find them on the social media that you use the most, and start interacting in conversations with them. Ask questions, answer questions, and take part, always following the guidelines of any given group that you are interacting with. The more you interact with them, the more you will get to know each other, and they will begin to trust you.
3) Get Outside Help – There are plenty of companies that specialize in helping startups get noticed and build their brand. For instance, TrafficBox.org is a great tool to help you get visitors to your website, generate new sales, and help your business to grow. A digital marketing agency such as TrafficBox can take care of content marketing, SEO, conversation optimization, online PR, web design, social media, and much more.
4) Get into Video Marketing – A trend that is becoming more and more popular with startup owners is video marketing. There is so much that you can do with this, and you can be as creative as you like. Host webinars or live events to launch new products, host tutorials that are going to help get you noticed as an authority on your niche, etc. Always answer questions in real time, so your audience feels like they are really connecting with you.
5) Keep Content Fresh – Whether it is on your website or social media, it is important to always keep your content updated and fresh. People don’t want to read the same stuff over and over again, so you need to find things that are related to your startup that are going to keep your target audience interested. If you don’t have new and interesting content, they are likely going to move on to something else.
6) Invest in SEO – We can’t stress enough how important it is to use SEO (Search Engine Optimization), so you really do need to budget for an SEO solution. The SEO experts will conduct an SEO audit, to see how people interact with your social media platforms and website, and then start working on a plan that will get your brand noticed online.
7) Collaborate with Others – When you collaborate with another business, there are benefits for both of you. This is a great way to increase brand awareness for both companies, and to help you get into new markets. Look for companies that are related to yours, but not in direct competition. For instance, if you are a photographer, talk to framing companies about promoting each other’s services.