The first inaugural Microsoft BizSpark Asia Pacific (APAC) Summit is happening in Sydney on Tuesday, 10th July 2012 at Ballroom B, Sydney Convention Centre, Darling Harbour. Registration and full details of the agenda and speakers a http://www.microsoft.com/BizSpark/NewsAndEvents/APACSummit2012.aspx.
This one-day summit will connect you with leaders in the entrepreneurial community across the Asia Pacific region – start-ups, investors, government representatives, and journalists. The summit, moderated by James Tuckerman, Editor of Anthill Online, provides a unique platform to debate the issues facing tech entrepreneurs in the APAC region, generate your curiosity as we discuss the key elements on the journey from innovative minds to a market validated idea as well as see a handful of carefully selected start-ups representing the best new tech businesses in the region today.
The Summit agenda has been co-created with an advisory panel of investors and BizSpark start-ups from our community. As well as ensuring plenty of time to network, our day includes:
- Official event welcome by Deputy Premier of New South Wales Andrew Stoner, Minister for Trade and Investment
- Keynote sessions from Dan’l Lewin (Corporate Vice President, Strategic and Emerging Business Development, Microsoft).
- Panel sessions discussing VC trends in the APAC region.
- A Start-up Showcase of some of the most promising BizSpark start-ups from across APAC. After a rigorous selection process, these companies will pitch live in front of an audience of investors and a panel of expert judges.
- Special access to the Imagine Cup Showcase and Worldwide finals.
- The confirmed speakers, judges and panel include:
- Andrew Stoner (Deputy Premier, NSW Government)
- Dan’l Lewin (Microsoft, Silicon Valley)
- Richard Kerris (Nokia, US)
- Jeff Paine (Founders Institute, Singapore)
- Stuart Richardson (Adventure Capital, Melbourne)
- Bill Bartee (Southern Cross Partners, Australia)
- David Rowe (UniSeed, Australia)
- Liz Atkinson (A League of Extraordinary Women, Australia)
- Sebastien Eskersley-Maslin (Blue Chilli, Australia)
- Vivian Stewart (Hall Capital, Sydney Angels, Australia)
- Doron Bel-Meir (Commercialisation Australia)
- Michelle Deaker (One Ventures, Australia)
This event is Invitation Only so please contact your BizSpark Network Partner for invitation codes.