I have noticed a marked increase in BizSpark companies that are interested in or focusing on game development or computer interaction so I thought i would remind everyone in case you missed it that the Kinect for Windows Sensor & Software Development Kit are now COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE! Whooohooooooo! For just $296.00 you can have one of these hot little kits in your hands.
Kinect has changed the way people play games and experience entertainment. Now, Kinect for Windows offers the potential to transform how people interact with computers and Windows-embedded devices in multiple industries, including education, healthcare, retail, transportation, and beyond.
The release of the Kinect for Windows sensor and software development kit (SDK) for commercial applications opens up the limitless possibilities offered by Kinect technology. Together, the hardware and software offer a superior development platform for Windows and a higher quality, better performing experience for end users.
• Utilize Kinect skeletal-tracking, sophisticated microphone array, and other sensor technologies
• Explore the limitless opportunities to transform products, processes, and businesses
• Link computers to Kinect devices running Windows 7 and Windows 8 Developer Preview
• Run applications built with the Kinect for Windows Commercial Software Development Kit (SDK)
• Use the Kinect for Windows SDK (download at www.kinectforwindows.org) to build applications with C++, C#, or Visual
Studio Basic by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
The Kinect for Windows sensor unit is intended to be used with the following:
• Kinect for Windows Commercial SDK (download at www.kinectforwindows.org)
• An application that was developed using the Kinect for Windows Commercial SDK and associated runtime software.
Note: The sensor unit does not ship with any software, and will only operate with an application developed for Kinect for Windows.
What’s in the Box
• Kinect for Windows sensor
• USB/power supply cable
• 32 bit (x86) or 64 bit (x64) processor
• Dual-core 2.66-GHz or faster processor
• Dedicated USB 2.0 bus
• 2 GB RAM
• Requires Windows 7 or Windows Embedded Standard 7