I started this blog 2.5 years ago today, mostly because I felt that the same types of issues came up over and over and over in our support cases. I figured that if I started writing about them, a lot of people would be able to resolve them on their own, or even better avoid them in the first place.
A lot of water passed under the bridge since then, but looking back at some of those earlier posts they are still very applicable today, and they still seem to continue to get a lot of hits. Here is a list of the 21 most popular ones...
- ASP.NET 2.0 Crash case study: Unhandled exceptions
- ASP.NET Case Study: Lost session variables and appdomain recycles
- ASP.NET Memory: If your application is in production… then why is debug=true
- .NET Memory Leak Case Study: The Event Handlers That Made The Memory Baloon
- ASP.NET Performance Case Study: Web Service calls taking forever
- .NET Memory usage - A restaurant analogy
- .NET Garbage Collector PopQuiz - Followup
- .Net memory leak: Unblock my finalizer
- .NET Hang Debugging Walkthrough
- ASP.NET Case Study: Bad perf, high memory usage and high CPU in GC - Death By ViewState
- ASP.NET Crash: Bad CacheItemRemovedCallback - Part II
- ASP.NET 2.0 - Investigating .NET Exceptions with WinDbg (Compilation and Load Exceptions)
- .NET Memory Leak: XmlSerializing your way to a Memory Leak
- .NET Garbage Collection PopQuiz
- A .NET Crash: How not to write a global exception handler
- Things to ignore when debugging an ASP.NET hang
- Are you aware that you have thrown over 40,000 exceptions in the last 3 hours?
- Short note on some debugging related stuff...
- ASP.NET Memory Leak Case Study: Sessions Sessions Sessions…
- ASP.NET Case Study: High CPU in GC - Large objects and high allocation rates
- A Case of Invalid Viewstate
In 2.5 more years I'll post the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything:)
and..., while I'm on the topic... what would you like to see more of in the future?