- Node.js support
- Updates to Windows Azure Plugin for Eclipse with Java
- Increased size for SQL Azure Databases – up to 150GB now
- Release of SQL Azure Federation
- Out-going bandwidth and CDN price reductions:
- From $0.15 down to $0.12 per GB in North America and Europe
- From $0.20 down to $0.19 per GB for the rest of the world
Most significantly for many was the new Windows Azure site and sign-up experience and the new Windows Azure Trial accounts and MSDN Accounts which are now completely risk-free given the institution of “spending limits”.
See Jim O’Neil’s Blog for more details.