The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert program is an exclusive program created to recognize global educator visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for their peers in the effective use of technology for better learning and student outcomes.
MIE Experts help Microsoft to lead innovation in education. They advocate and share their thoughts on effective use of technology in education with peers and policy makers. They provide insight for Microsoft on new products and tools for education, and they exchange best practices as they work together to promote innovation in teaching and learning.
As a MIEE you will:-
- Access to professional and career development opportunities and certifications
- Share your expertise with world-renowned educators and specialists to scale their innovations
- Present in Microsoft’s global webinar calls
- Participate in focus groups giving feedback to development teams on Microsoft products
- Join invitation-only special events from Microsoft
- Share your passion for Microsoft with peers and policymakers, and through social media, blogs and videos
- Test new products while in beta form and participate in pre-release programs for certain education-related tools.
- Represent Microsoft through product demonstrations and by attending events
- Build educator capacity in your community (school, district or at training events) by speaking, training and/or coaching colleagues and inviting them to participate in the online Microsoft Educator Community
- Collaborate with innovative educators across the globe
- Host regional events showcasing your use of Microsoft technology in the classroom
- Achieve eligibility to attend the Microsoft Global Educator Exchange Event (E2), Feb/March/April 2017
This year, as part of the wider programme I am looking in particular to identify and support teachers with a STEM specialism in all phases, who would like to become MIEEs and take advantage of joining this global community of teachers. So if you have been working with Kodu, Touchdevelop, BBC micro:bit, Minecraft, Imagine Academy or even doing great things with Excel in Maths then you should think about applying. If you are still not sure and have questions. Get in touch with me on Twitter @innovativeteach
How do you apply to become a MIEE? It’s simple,
- Be sure that you have joined the Microsoft Educator Community and completed your profile. You will need to submit the URL to your public profile as a part of the nomination process. You can find your URL by going into Edit Profile and looking under “basic information.”
- Create a 2-minute Office Mix, video or Sway that answers the following questions in a manner that creatively expresses what makes you a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert. To share the Mix/video/Sway in your nomination, you will need to post it somewhere that allows you to create a URL to share it.
o Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert?
o Describe how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways in your classroom. Include artifacts that demonstrate your innovation.
o If you become a MIE-Expert, how do you hope it will impact your current role?
o Once you have completed those two tasks, you will be ready to fill out the self-nomination form (open May 15 - July 15, 2016)