At a time of enormous change in the UK’s education systems, Microsoft is launching the first ever UK Innovative Schools Programme, bringing together a community of schools to work together and learn from each other and from education experts around the world for one year.
Through this programme, we’ll provide 10 schools in the UK** with the following benefits:
- Microsoft Innovative Schools plaque, web site banner and status
- Formal mentor relationship with one of 10 carefully-selected outstanding Mentor schools in the programme
- Access to virtual and in-person trainings from Microsoft and renowned education experts from around the world
- Support (funding) towards travel to mandatory in-person meetings and school visits
- Support in conducting your own professional development events for schools in your area
- Access to the global Innovative Schools community of thousands of international schools
Microsoft first started our global Innovative Schools Programme in 2007, and we have had one English school and 2 Scottish schools take part in this programme thus far. We’re thrilled that schools in the first-ever UK programme will be able to take advantage of the experts, learnings and resources provided to the global programme – as well as being able to connect with the schools themselves. For more information on this programme, and its success thus far, check out this video.
HOW TO APPLY??
If you think your school would benefit from this exciting experience, follow these steps to apply for the programme:
- Go to the Teachers Blog SkyDrive at THIS LINK and download 2 documents
- Member School Application
- Innovative Schools_MemberGuidelines
- Read through both documents carefully.
- Complete all sections of the Application document, rename it with the name of your school and send it via email NO LATER THAN 1 NOVEMBER, 2010 to Kristen Weatherby at email@example.com
We will be reviewing all applications with a panel of experts internal and external to Microsoft, and will notify schools of their inclusion in the programme by 3 December, 2010.
If you have any questions about the programme or the application, please email me (Kristen Weatherby) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**NOTE: This programme is only open to schools in the United Kingdom**