From European Schoolnet…… http://www.eun.org/
Code is shaping the way we live! Whether you or your students want to be a fashion blogger, social entrepreneur or journalist, take up the challenge!
European Schoolnet and Microsoft are pleased to announce European Kodu Kup, a new school competition that will encourage pupils to design games and take their first steps in coding in a fun and engaging way. Kodu Kup Europe highlights the role played by game-based learning to strengthen digital skills, collaboration and new thinking for young Europeans.
Pupils will be challenged to develop their own games by working in teams and learning how to create imaginary worlds, modelling and simulations. National finalists will be invited to a Coding Camp held in Brussels on October 2014 at the Microsoft Innovation Center during the European Coding Week where a regional competition will be held.
What is Kodu? …just in case you don’t know
* Developed by Microsoft Research, Kodu runs on PC and Xbox allowing rapid design creation. Kodu is available for free
* The Kodu User Interface is easy to use and visually attractive especially to primary phase pupils
* Its ‘code’ syntax used is simple, intuitive, yet allows a high degree of computational thinking and programming fundamentals
* Kodu is easily integrated throughout the curriculum, with strong links to numeracy and literacy, as well as science, maths and geography
* Kodu is a great start to computing. And to a new European adventure with Kodu Kup Europe
What is the Competition about?
The first Kodu Kup Europe involves 8 countries: Belgium, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Lithuania, Norway, Portugal, and UK
In the UK you can ONLY get to the European final by entering this year’s Kodu Kup in the UK . There is still time to enter. Details here
The winning team from the UK Kodu Kup will win an invite to compete in this competition.
More information is available at www.kodukup-europe.org Follow #kodukup_eu for updates and news