We are pleased to announce we are now accepting entries for this year’s Innovative Education Awards. (You’ll know these as the Innovative Teacher Awards — we’ve changed the name to tie in with the European and Worldwide Events.) These annual awards showcase the best uses of technology to support teaching and learning across the curriculum. If you’re thinking that you’re not doing anything innovative or creative with technology, then think again, because you probably are.
We have changed the application process a bit this year to make it easier for you. Our Virtual Classroom Tour (VCT) template contains just two slides for you to complete to describe your project. You will need a Windows Live ID to access to the Partners in Learning Network (if you’re not already a member) and the new Partners in Learning Skydrive. The Partners in Learning Network contains the Forum community, with information about the event itself. The Skydrive is where you can download the application guidelines and the Virtual Classroom Tour template and where you will submit your completed VCT to the awards competition by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting a project as a Virtual Classroom Tour is November 1st 2010. So there is plenty time to document an existing project or even begin a new one. The authors of the 10 best Virtual Classroom Tours will be presented with awards at our Innovative Education Forum Event (IEF) later this year. At the IEF we will also select the four best projects to represent the UK at the European ITF which will be held in 2011 in Moscow!
What do to next?
- Join this community on the Partners in Learning Network
- Download the Virtual Classroom Tour (VCT) Template from our Skydrive or from this blog post.
- Read the application criteria on our Skydrive or from this post
- Complete the VCT template between now and November.
- Email your completed project before November 1st to email@example.com
- Check the Partners in Learning Network and this blog for the latest information about the Innovative education Forum Event
Images from last year’s Microsoft UK IEF 2009 in Birmingham