Sign Ups for this meeting are now closed.
We have reached the venue capacity. Thanks
Venue – Hilton Deansgate Hotel in Manchester
Time – 7:30pm-9:30pm
This is the first time we have hosted such an informal, free event for Teachers, and we are hoping that this something we will do more often in the future.
Please Join us for drinks and canapés (which I think this is a posh word for crisps) and hot topical debate, with a bit of fun thrown in, at the Hilton’s vibrant Cloud 23 bar, that provides 360-degree views of Manchester.
If you have been to a Teachmeet or an unconference like event before, you will have a good idea of what to expect at this event. If you haven’t, then you will enjoy the informal nature of this event.
We are looking for volunteers to speak in the following:-
- Mini-Presentations for 10 mins
- Nano- Presentations 3mins.
We will also have some Microsoft minute presentations, from our Innovative Teachers highlighting the great free stuff we have to offer.
What to discuss and present
We are not looking for product demos or examples of work, unless they illustrate your issue or theme. We would like presentations on issues that are relevant to teachers and learners.
- How can you possibly learn through playing games?
- Is the curriculum meeting the needs of 21st century learners?
- Is twitter really good CPD for teachers? How can we now afford technology?.
Through such topics we hope to spark debate, conversation and inspire some ideas on how to meet such issues.
How do I sign up for a presentation?
That’s easy, just add your name and presentation topic/theme and presentation type (Mini or Nano) as a comment to this post or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Internet access can be intermittent at such venues so be prepared with an alternative, this just adds to the fun. There is no guarantee you will present as presentations will selected at random.
How do I sign up to attend?
If you are looking to attend add your name as a comment or email me at email@example.com
If you are attending our UK Innovative Education Forum at the same venue, and staying in Manchester then you are probably already attending, but it wouldn’t hurt to sign up here as well.
You can follow twitter hash tag for this event at #itmeet
We will end the evening with the presentation of awards to this year’s Innovative Teachers, we hope you will join us to celebrate their achievements. There is still time to enter our awards, more details here.
See you there….
Agenda – sign up via comments
Mini Presenters – 10 mins
- Alessio Bernardelli – Why broadcasting your pupil’s work is a confidence booster
- Dawn Hallybone – Why we need to use Game based learning
- Stuart Ball – Do we need the role of ICT co-ordinator?
- David Rogers – Guerilla Innovation – does everything need to be planned?
- Ian Addison – Why we should blog with children
- Jan Webb – Why our VLE works for us
- Colin Graham – Regular Twitter discussions – Waste of time or genuinely helpful CPD?
Nano Presenters – 3 mins
- Alessio Bernardelli – Great learninig involves risk and failure – a Deep Zoom view
- Mandeep Atwal – Giving Students a voice.
- Jen Deyenberg – Web 2.0 for learning
- David Rogers – This is our Geography – Why having a dept vision is important
- Daniel Stucke – Pupil Led CPD – Digital Leaders
- David Mitchell – How a real audience can add depth to learning
- Chris Mayoh – Protecting your online identity using Avatars
- Zoe Ross – Engaging girls in technology