Are you looking for great professional development, delivered online?
Sign up for one of TakingITGlobal’s accredited e-courses that aim to empower teachers around the world to utilize technology to create innovative and transformative global learning experiences.
TakingITGlobal (TIG) empowers educators to understand and act on the world's toughest challenges through a multilingual online learning community (at www.tigweb.org) and innovative education programs (through www.tiged.org). These education programs are framed by the three pillars of global citizenship, environmental stewardship, and student voice in education.
Educators can choose from the following e-courses and dates to suit them:
Project-based Learning for Global Citizenship
• September 17 - October 22, 2012
• October 29 - November 26, 2012
Education for Environmental Stewardship
• October 9 – November 9, 2012
• November 13 - December 11, 2012
Empowering Student Voice in Education
• October 11 – November 8, 2012
• November 15 – December 13, 2012
A typical e-course will feature:
• Weekly classes facilitated online, in real time, by an experienced global educator and recorded to ensure full flexibility and access;
• A private virtual classroom space that allows participants to connect between classes to share ideas, collaborate, and engage in meaningful dialogue;
• Challenging and engaging readings, assignments and projects; and
• An approach to learning that encourages personal reflection.
For more information about TIGed’s e-courses and to register today, visit http://www.tigurl.org/ecourses