This graduate-level, accredited course is designed to help educators understand the value of cultivating and engaging student voice both inside and outside the classroom. Participants will critically examine a set of agreed principles which underpin the development of all student voice work regardless of the initiative and seek to design a project that enables and enhances student voice in their own schools.
Course material draws on:
- Student Voice theory and the experiences of educators who have incorporated student voice in their teaching and learning practice.
- It offers opportunities to engage in Microsoft Youth Sparks with a key focus on Innovate for Good, a global online community enabling youth to collaborate, inspire and support each other while using technology to make a difference in their communities.
- It evaluates the impact of personalised learning meeting the needs of more students to a fuller extent than ever before and how this can be embedded in a school’s curriculum to reach effective and sustainable results.
How does an online e-course work?
- The e-course consists of five weekly 90 minute classes.
- A private virtual classroom space that allows participants to connect between classes to share ideas, collaborate, and engage in meaningful dialogue;
- Challenging and engaging readings, assignments and projects; and
- An approach to learning that encourages personal reflection.
When does it start?
For more information about the e-course, please email me with initial interest at email@example.com