STEP offers the gold standard in teacher preparedness for the use of technology in the classroom.
The Student Teacher Education Program (STEP) has been developed to prepare pre-service teachers:
- For a career that is resilient to the ever-changing landscape of technology in education
- Encourage learning design that will future-proof their own students
- Provide them with the tools to manage workload by working smarter
This program is intended for pre-service teachers in any form of initial teacher training:
- Degree or Post-Graduate program at a university
- Teacher training college
- On-the-job training program
The robust curriculum is also appropriate for newly qualified teachers in their first placements or as a complete, school-wide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program.
- Pace Yourself! It can be tempting to rush through to get your badge but for the learning to be meaningful, it must be applied.
- Use it or lose it! Use the technology for your coursework, assignments and plan it into the learning activities you create for your students
- Eye on the Prize! Don't lose sight of the end goal of learning how to effectively integrate technology into teaching and learning.
Microsoft partnered with Leeds Beckett University's Carnegie School of Education to ensure that the curriculum on the Microsoft Student Teacher Education Program is rigorous and relevant to the needs of student teacher training programs.
At Leeds Beckett, the STEP program will be implemented over a span of 3 years, beginning with the BA Primary Education courses with recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Find more information about Leeds Beckett's education courses on their website.
If you have inquiries regarding this implementation model, please contact msftSTEP@microsoft.com
To achieve the STEP badge, you need to complete the 40 hours of learning in the curriculum and pass the associated assessments built into the courses.
Click here to complete the course.