It has finally arrived, the much anticipated flagship event for Partners in Learning and the veritable Olympics for teaching and learning the ‘Global Forum’ will take centre stage this week and celebrate the world’s most innovative educators and school leaders.
This week 200 educators will compete for a chance to win one of 18 Global Forum Educator awards. Amongst these educators will be our very own Katie Boothman and Nicki Maddams. This track marks the culmination of national and regional competitions that have taken place throughout the year. Congratulations to Katie and Nicki on making it this far and good luck this week!
The Forum will also welcome representatives from 65 Pathfinder schools from more than 60 countries. Havant Academy and Willows High School were chosen through a global application process to represent the UK – it’s a big achievement and one that deserves celebrating! Leading innovators Saltash.net community school will represent one of the 34 Mentor Schools who are now helping guide this year’s class of Pathfinder Schools.
So what exactly will this week look like for our educators and schools?
Nicki and Katie will participate in the teachers track: “Your Ideas Matter”
- Our educators will be provided with an in-depth study of the findings from the Innovative Teaching and Learning (ITL) research and LEAP21 work. Additionally, discussions throughout the event will centre on the themes/trends which are impacting education globally, as well as explore the opportunities and challenges that we all face in our classrooms.
- They will collaborate with teacher’s worldwide during the event to design a learning activity using a learning excursion as inspiration.
- Participate in sessions led by education experts who will focus on building 21st century skills in the classroom, as well as be provided peer coaching skills that they can take back to their classrooms.
- Finally, they will conclude the week with a Global Forum “TeachMeet” session, a unique opportunity to hear educators from around the world share their own learning experiences.
This years’ teachers track has been designed to elicit tangible outputs that will be published on the Partners in Learning Network and shared with teachers globally.
Saltash.NET and Havant Academy will participate in the schools track: ‘Your Ideas Matter! Think-Create-Act!’
- Our schools will focus on leading for innovation, applying human-centred, design-led innovation strategies and processes to address issues and ‘hot’ topics of importance to 21st century leadership and learning.
- With hundreds of peers from around the world, they will have multiple opportunities to share ideas, be creative and explore future-focused possibilities.
- Each workshop session will build upon prior sessions and culminate in authentic outcomes for action in their own school setting, with on going opportunities to contribute to the broader global community.
Stay tuned for more of this week’s happenings!!
Staying connected: We will be blogging from Prague, however for instant news and engagement please follow Microsoft Partners in Learning on Twitter (@MicrosoftPIL) and use #PILGF and/ or join the Partners in Learning Facebook page.