I loved PowerGUI ever since I found it a month ago or so… Well Kirk and the PowerGUI guys have done it again… They now have a pretty comprehensive PowerShell wrapper for Hyper-V… Pretty Cool!
As of today, PowerGUI users can download a free Hyper-V PowerPack for PowerGUI! This PowerPack has been a huge undertaking, to put it mildly, and I’m absolutely thrilled with the end result (and so happy that I’ve finally finished the first version…whew)! Here’s a list of some of the key features that this PowerPack provides:
- Bulk management of multiple VMs, Virtual Networks, Virtual Hard Drives, Snapshots, etc. within one Hyper-V servers and across multiple Hyper-V servers.
- Support for remote management of Hyper-V servers using alternate credentials.
- Integrated management of standard Windows features like Processes, Services, Event Logs, etc.
- Automatic credential caching (in memory, not to disk) allowing you to enter a password for a Hyper-V server you are managing only once per PowerGUI session.
- Discovery of Hyper-V servers through Active Directory.
- Over 30 rich user-defined functions that wrap the Hyper-V WMI interfaces and provide a cmdlet-like experience when scripting with Hyper-V while outputting rich, custom objects complete with properties and methods to script to your heart’s content. Many of these functions support CSV input through Import-Csv, so there are a lot of opportunities for provisioning already available.
- 101 links and actions allowing you to manage just about everything you would want to manage in Hyper-V, including configuration of security via AzMan Scopes, Snapshot refresh, and many, many more.
Hyper-V Integration Test Lead